Anti-CCR5 antibody [mAbcam 64620] (ab64620)
- Product nameAnti-CCR5 antibody [mAbcam 64620]See all CCR5 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [mAbcam 64620] to CCR5
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Macaque Monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human CCR5.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in human spleen tissue lysate and in the following whole cell lysates: THP1; Jurkat; K562.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numbermAbcam 64620
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64620 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 41 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).Can be blocked with CCR5 peptide (ab92719).|
- FunctionReceptor for a number of inflammatory CC-chemokines including MIP-1-alpha, MIP-1-beta and RANTES and subsequently transduces a signal by increasing the intracellular calcium ion level. May play a role in the control of granulocytic lineage proliferation or differentiation. Acts as a coreceptor (CD4 being the primary receptor) for HIV-1 R5 isolates.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in spleen, thymus, in the myeloid cell line THP-1, in the promyeloblastic cell line KG-1A and on CD4+ and CD8+ T-cells. Medium levels in peripheral blood leukocytes and in small intestine. Low levels in ovary and lung.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variation in CCR5 is associated with suseptibility to diabetes mellitus insulin-dependent type 22 (IDDM22) [MIM:612522]. A multifactorial disorder of glucose homeostasis that is characterized by susceptibility to ketoacidosis in the absence of insulin therapy. Clinical fetaures are polydipsia, polyphagia and polyuria which result from hyperglycemia-induced osmotic diuresis and secondary thirst. These derangements result in long-term complications that affect the eyes, kidneys, nerves, and blood vessels.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
modificationsSulfated on at least 2 of the N-terminal tyrosines. Sulfation contributes to the efficiency of HIV-1 entry and is required for efficient binding of the chemokines, CCL3 and CCL4.
O-glycosylated, but not N-glycosylated. Ser-6 appears to be the major site. Also sialylated glycans present which contribute to chemokine binding. Thr-16 and Ser-17 may also be glycosylated and, if so, with small moieties such as a T-antigen.
Palmitoylation in the C-terminal is important for cell surface expression, and to a lesser extent, for HIV entry.
Phosphorylation on serine residues in the C-terminal is stimulated by binding CC chemokines especially by APO-RANTES.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- AM4 7 antibodyC C chemokine receptor type 5 antibodyC C CKR 5 antibody
- C-C chemokine receptor type 5 antibodyC-C CKR-5 antibodyC-C motif chemokine receptor 5 A159A antibodyCC Chemokine Receptor 5 antibodyCC Chemokine Receptor Type 5 antibodyCC CKR 5 antibodyCC-CKR-5 antibodyCCCKR 5 antibodyCCCKR5 antibodyCCR 5 antibodyCCR-5 antibodyCCR5 antibodyCCR5 chemokine (C C motif) receptor 5 antibodyCCR5_HUMAN antibodyCD 195 antibodyCD195 antibodyCD195 Antigen antibodyChemokine C C motif receptor 5 antibodyChemokine receptor CCR5 antibodyCHEMR13 antibodyCKR 5 antibodyCKR5 antibodyCMKBR 5 antibodyCMKBR5 antibodyFLJ78003 antibodyHIV 1 Fusion Coreceptor antibodyHIV-1 fusion coreceptor antibodyHIV1 fusion coreceptor antibodyIDDM22 antibodyMIP-1 alpha receptor antibody
Anti-CCR5 antibody [mAbcam 64620] images
All lanes : Anti-CCR5 antibody [mAbcam 64620] (ab64620) at 10 µg/ml
Lane 1 : THP1 (Human acute monocytic leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : K562 (Human erythromyeloblastoid leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 :
Spleen (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29699)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 41 kDa
Observed band size : 41 kDa
Additional bands at : 51 kDa,70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 1 minute
References for Anti-CCR5 antibody [mAbcam 64620] (ab64620)
ab64620 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.