Anti-CD11a antibody [MEM-83] (ab3981)
- Product nameAnti-CD11a antibody [MEM-83]See all CD11a primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MEM-83] to CD11a
- SpecificityThe antibody MEM-83 reacts with CD11a (alpha subunit of human LFA-1), a 170-180 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein expressed on B and T lymphocytes, monocytes, macrophages, neutrophils, basophils and eosinophils.
- Tested applicationsBlocking, Flow Cyt, Functional Studies, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tissue / cell preparation (Human). Peripheral blood lymphocytes.
- EpitopeThe antibody recognizes an unique epitope on CD11a antigen (LFA-1 alpha chain) implicated in activation of LFA-1 complex.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- Purity>95% by SDS-PAGE
- Purification notesPurified from ascites by protein A affinity chromatography.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMEM-83
- Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3981 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Blocking||BL: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 23039186|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent concentration. The antibody MEM-83 directly induces the binding of T cells to purified ICAM-1. Using an in vitro-translated CDlla cDNA deletion series, the MEM-83 activation epitope was mapped to the "I" domain of the LFA-1 alpha subunit. The studies have therefore identified a novel LFA-1 activation epitope mapping to the I domain of LFA-1, which could play a role in the regulation of LFA-1 binding to ICAM-1.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionIntegrin alpha-L/beta-2 is a receptor for ICAM1, ICAM2, ICAM3 and ICAM4. It is involved in a variety of immune phenomena including leukocyte-endothelial cell interaction, cytotoxic T-cell mediated killing, and antibody dependent killing by granulocytes and monocytes.
- Tissue specificityLeukocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
- DomainThe integrin I-domain (insert) is a VWFA domain. Integrins with I-domains do not undergo protease cleavage.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Antigen CD11A (p180), lymphocyte function associated antigen 1, alpha polypeptide antibodyAntigen CD11A antibodyCD 11a antibody
- CD11 antigen-like family member A antibodyCD11a antibodyCD11a antigen antibodyIntegrin Alpha L antibodyIntegrin alpha-L antibodyIntegrin gene promoter antibodyIntegrin, alpha L (antigen CD11A (p180), lymphocyte function associated antigen 1; alpha polypeptide) antibodyITAL_HUMAN antibodyITGAL antibodyITGAL protein antibodyLeukocyte adhesion glycoprotein LFA 1 alpha chain antibodyLeukocyte adhesion glycoprotein LFA-1 alpha chain antibodyLeukocyte Adhesion Glycoprotein LFA1 Alpha Chain antibodyLeukocyte function associated molecule 1 alpha chain antibodyLeukocyte function-associated molecule 1 alpha chain antibodyLFA 1 alpha antibodyLFA 1 antibodyLFA 1A antibodyLFA-1A antibodyLFA1A antibodyLy15 antibodyLy21 antibodyLymphocyte function associated antigen 1 antibodyLymphocyte Function Associated Antigen Type 1 alpha antibodyp180 antibody
Anti-CD11a antibody [MEM-83] images
Transmigration of A375 Human melanoma cells, blocked using ab3981.
Melanoma cells were labeled with 10 µM of lipophilic fluorescent dye for 20 minutes at 37°C. Cells were added to wells containing either 1 µg/ml of isotypic control, or 1 µg/ml of anti-CD11a (ab3981) or anti-CD18 (ab8220) antibodies. Melanoma cells were allowed to migrate at 37°C and 5% CO2 for 48 hours. Migration was observed under a fluorescence microscope.
References for Anti-CD11a antibody [MEM-83] (ab3981)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ghislin S et al. LFA-1 and ICAM-1 expression induced during melanoma-endothelial cell co-culture favors the transendothelial migration of melanoma cell lines in vitro. BMC Cancer 12:455 (2012). Blocking . Read more (PubMed: 23039186) »
- Choi EY et al. Regulation of LFA-1-dependent inflammatory cell recruitment by Cbl-b and 14-3-3 proteins. Blood 111:3607-14 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18239087) »