Anti-CD24 antibody [30-F1] (Biotin) (ab25215)
- Product nameAnti-CD24 antibody [30-F1] (Biotin)See all CD24 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [30-F1] to CD24 (Biotin)
- Tested applicationsIP, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C in the dark.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number30-F1
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25215 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Cell sorting: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionModulates B-cell activation responses. Signaling could be triggered by the binding of a lectin-like ligand to the CD24 carbohydrates, and transduced by the release of second messengers derived from the GPI-anchor. Promotes AG-dependent proliferation of B-cells, and prevents their terminal differentiation into antibody-forming cells.
- Tissue specificityB-cells. Expressed in a number of B-cell lines including P32/SH and Namalwa. Expressed in erythroleukemia cell and small cell lung carcinoma cell lines. Also expressed on the surface of T-cells.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in CD24 are associated with susceptibility to multiple sclerosis (MS) [MIM:126200]. A multifactorial, inflammatory, demyelinating disease of the central nervous system. Sclerotic lesions are characterized by perivascular infiltration of monocytes and lymphocytes and appear as indurated areas in pathologic specimens (sclerosis in plaques). The pathological mechanism is regarded as an autoimmune attack of the myelin sheat, mediated by both cellular and humoral immunity. Clinical manifestations include visual loss, extra-ocular movement disorders, paresthesias, loss of sensation, weakness, dysarthria, spasticity, ataxia and bladder dysfunction. Genetic and environmental factors influence susceptibility to the disease. Note=Polymorphisms in CD24 may act as a genetic modifier for susceptibility and progression of MS in some populations, perhaps by affecting the efficiency of CD24 expression on the cell surface.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CD24 family.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- CD 24 antibodyCD24 antibodyCD24 antigen (small cell lung carcinoma cluster 4 antigen) antibody
- CD24 antigen antibodyCD24 molecule antibodyCD24_HUMAN antibodyCD24A antibodyFLJ22950 antibodyFLJ43543 antibodyGPI linked surface mucin antibodyHeat stable antigen antibodyHSA antibodyMGC75043 antibodyNectadrin antibodySignal transducer CD24 antibodySmall cell lung carcinoma cluster 4 antigen antibody
References for Anti-CD24 antibody [30-F1] (Biotin) (ab25215)
ab25215 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.