Anti-CD31 antibody [MEM-05] (Biotin) (ab21891)
- Product nameAnti-CD31 antibody [MEM-05] (Biotin)See all CD31 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MEM-05] to CD31 (Biotin)
- Conjugation notesThe purified antibody is conjugated with Biotin-LC-NHS under optimum conditions. The reagent is free of unconjugated biotin.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tissue / cell preparation: Leucocytes of patient suffering from LGL-type leukaemia.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMEM-05
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21891 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Use 20µl for 100µl whole blood or diluted 1/500.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Use under non reducing condition. Predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa.|
- FunctionInduces susceptibility to atherosclerosis (By similarity). Cell adhesion molecule which is required for leukocyte transendothelial migration (TEM) under most inflammatory conditions. Tyr-690 plays a critical role in TEM and is required for efficient trafficking of PECAM1 to and from the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and is also essential for the LBRC membrane to be targeted around migrating leukocytes. Prevents phagocyte ingestion of closely apposed viable cells by transmitting 'detachment' signals, and changes function on apoptosis, promoting tethering of dying cells to phagocytes (the encounter of a viable cell with a phagocyte via the homophilic interaction of PECAM1 on both cell surfaces leads to the viable cell's active repulsion from the phagocyte. During apoptosis, the inside-out signaling of PECAM1 is somehow disabled so that the apoptotic cell does not actively reject the phagocyte anymore. The lack of this repulsion signal together with the interaction of the eat-me signals and their respective receptors causes the attachment of the apoptotic cell to the phagocyte, thus triggering the process of engulfment). Isoform Delta15 is unable to protect against apoptosis. Modulates BDKRB2 activation. Regulates bradykinin- and hyperosmotic shock-induced ERK1/2 activation in human umbilical cord vein cells (HUVEC).
- Tissue specificityExpressed on platelets and leukocytes and is primarily concentrated at the borders between endothelial cells. Isoform Long predominates in all tissues examined. Isoform Delta12 is detected only in trachea. Isoform Delta14-15 is only detected in lung. Isoform Delta14 is detected in all tissues examined with the strongest expression in heart. Isoform Delta15 is expressed in brain, testis, ovary, cell surface of platelets, human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs), Jurkat T-cell leukemia, human erythroleukemia (HEL) and U937 histiocytic lymphoma cell lines (at protein level).
- Sequence similaritiesContains 6 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
- DomainThe Ig-like C2-type domains 2 and 3 contribute to formation of the complex with BDKRB2 and in regulation of its activity.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser and Tyr residues after cellular activation. In endothelial cells Fyn mediates mechanical-force (stretch or pull) induced tyrosine phosphorylation.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Cell junction. Localizes to the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and recycles from the LBRC to the junction in resting endothelial cells and Cell junction. Localizes to the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and recycles from the LBRC to the junction in resting endothelial cells.
- Adhesion molecule antibodyCD31 antibodyCD31 antigen antibody
- CD31 EndoCAM antibodyEndocam antibodyFLJ34100 antibodyFLJ58394 antibodyGPIIA antibodyGPIIA' antibodyPECA1 antibodyPECA1_HUMAN antibodyPecam 1 antibodyPECAM 1 CD31 EndoCAM antibodyPECAM-1 antibodyPecam1 antibodyPlatelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule antibodyPlatelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule 1 antibodyPlatelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule antibody
References for Anti-CD31 antibody [MEM-05] (Biotin) (ab21891)
ab21891 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.