Anti-CD31 antibody [TLD-3A12] (ab64543)
- Product nameAnti-CD31 antibody [TLD-3A12]See all CD31 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TLD-3A12] to CD31
- Specificityab64543 recognises rat PECAM-1 (CD31). It also partially block the proliferative response of antigen-specific CD4+ T cells to antigen-presenting cells and relevant antigen.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Does not react withHuman
Activated, Lewis rat derived microglial cells
- Positive controlActivated microglial cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Primary antibody notes This antibody has been shown to partially block the proliferative response of antigen-specific CD4+ T cells to antigen-presenting cells and relevant antigen.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberTLD-3A12
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64543 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/10 - 1/100. A fixation with acetone or methanol is recommended. Do not fix with PFA.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 10µl for 106 cells.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20813915|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionInduces susceptibility to atherosclerosis (By similarity). Cell adhesion molecule which is required for leukocyte transendothelial migration (TEM) under most inflammatory conditions. Tyr-690 plays a critical role in TEM and is required for efficient trafficking of PECAM1 to and from the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and is also essential for the LBRC membrane to be targeted around migrating leukocytes. Prevents phagocyte ingestion of closely apposed viable cells by transmitting 'detachment' signals, and changes function on apoptosis, promoting tethering of dying cells to phagocytes (the encounter of a viable cell with a phagocyte via the homophilic interaction of PECAM1 on both cell surfaces leads to the viable cell's active repulsion from the phagocyte. During apoptosis, the inside-out signaling of PECAM1 is somehow disabled so that the apoptotic cell does not actively reject the phagocyte anymore. The lack of this repulsion signal together with the interaction of the eat-me signals and their respective receptors causes the attachment of the apoptotic cell to the phagocyte, thus triggering the process of engulfment). Isoform Delta15 is unable to protect against apoptosis. Modulates BDKRB2 activation. Regulates bradykinin- and hyperosmotic shock-induced ERK1/2 activation in human umbilical cord vein cells (HUVEC).
- Tissue specificityExpressed on platelets and leukocytes and is primarily concentrated at the borders between endothelial cells. Isoform Long predominates in all tissues examined. Isoform Delta12 is detected only in trachea. Isoform Delta14-15 is only detected in lung. Isoform Delta14 is detected in all tissues examined with the strongest expression in heart. Isoform Delta15 is expressed in brain, testis, ovary, cell surface of platelets, human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs), Jurkat T-cell leukemia, human erythroleukemia (HEL) and U937 histiocytic lymphoma cell lines (at protein level).
- Sequence similaritiesContains 6 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
- DomainThe Ig-like C2-type domains 2 and 3 contribute to formation of the complex with BDKRB2 and in regulation of its activity.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser and Tyr residues after cellular activation. In endothelial cells Fyn mediates mechanical-force (stretch or pull) induced tyrosine phosphorylation.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Cell junction. Localizes to the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and recycles from the LBRC to the junction in resting endothelial cells and Cell junction. Localizes to the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and recycles from the LBRC to the junction in resting endothelial cells.
- Adhesion molecule antibodyCD31 antibodyCD31 antigen antibody
- CD31 EndoCAM antibodyEndocam antibodyFLJ34100 antibodyFLJ58394 antibodyGPIIA antibodyGPIIA' antibodyPECA1 antibodyPECA1_HUMAN antibodyPecam 1 antibodyPECAM 1 CD31 EndoCAM antibodyPECAM-1 antibodyPecam1 antibodyPlatelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule antibodyPlatelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule antibodyPlatelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule 1 antibody
Anti-CD31 antibody [TLD-3A12] images
ab64543 staining CD31 in rat brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections). The sections were fixed in paraformaldehyde prior to blocking with 5% donkey serum, BSA 1%, Triton 1.5% for 2 hours at room temperature. The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 in PBS/5% Donkey serum and incubated with the sample for 12 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 555-conjugated donkey anti-mouse polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody, diluted 1/200.
Immunohistochemical staining of rat brain cryosection with Mouse anti Rat CD31 (ab64543)
Immunohistochemical staining of rat spleen cryosection with Mouse anti Rat CD31 (ab64543)
References for Anti-CD31 antibody [TLD-3A12] (ab64543)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zorzi P et al. Technical Advance: The rat aorta contains resident mononuclear phagocytes with proliferative capacity and proangiogenic properties. J Leukoc Biol : (2010). ICC/IF, IHC ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 20628067) »
- Xie G et al. Isolation of periportal, midlobular, and centrilobular rat liver sinusoidal endothelial cells enables study of zonated drug toxicity. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G1204-10 (2010). ICC/IF ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 20813915) »