Anti-CD35 antibody [E11] (ab74590)
- Product nameAnti-CD35 antibody [E11]See all CD35 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [E11] to CD35
- SpecificityShows no cross-reactivity with CR2.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Baboon, Rhesus monkey
Intact human monocytes
- EpitopeDistal from the C3b-binding site
- Positive controlHuman tonsil tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.2% BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Primary antibody notes Unable to block CD35 activity. Strongly labels follicular dendritic cells (FDC).
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberE11
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74590 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100. For 20 min at RT. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol, by boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 mins, followed by cooling at RT for 20 mins.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionMediates cellular binding of particles and immune complexes that have activated complement.
- Tissue specificityPresent on erythrocytes, leukocytes, glomerular podocytes, and splenic follicular dendritic cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the receptors of complement activation (RCA) family.
Contains 30 Sushi (CCP/SCR) domains.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- C3 binding protein antibodyC3b/C4b receptor antibodyC3BR antibody
- C4BR antibodyCD 35 antibodyCD35 antibodyCD35 antigen antibodyComplement component (3b/4b) receptor 1 (Knops blood group) antibodyComplement component (3b/4b) receptor 1 antibodycomplement component (3b/4b) receptor 1 including Knops blood group system antibodyComplement component receptor 1 antibodyComplement receptor 1 antibodyComplement receptor type 1 antibodyCR 1 antibodyCR1 antibodyCR1_HUMAN antibodyCR2 antibodyFollicular dendritic cell marker antibodyKN antibodyKnops blood group antigen antibody
Anti-CD35 antibody [E11] images
Cell membrane staining of follicular dendritic cells, B cells and granulocytes in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human tonsil tissue, using 1/50 ab74590 in conjunction with a peroxidase-conjugated secondary antibody and an AEC chromogen.
Overlay histogram showing THP1 cells stained with ab74590 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab74590, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
References for Anti-CD35 antibody [E11] (ab74590)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hogg N et al. Identification of an anti-monocyte monoclonal antibody that is specific for membrane complement receptor type one (CR1). Eur J Immunol 14:236-43 (1984). Human . Read more (PubMed: 6368248) »