Anti-CD36 antibody [SM-phi] (FITC) (ab78258)
- Product nameAnti-CD36 antibody [SM-phi] (FITC)See all CD36 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [SM-phi] to CD36 (FITC)
- ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tissue / cell preparation (Human) - tonsil cells and peripheral blood mononuclear cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 10mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 1mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesPurified by affinity chromatography and gel filtration prior to conjugation.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSM-phi
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78258 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionSeems to have numerous potential physiological functions. Binds to collagen, thrombospondin, anionic phospholipids and oxidized LDL. May function as a cell adhesion molecule. Directly mediates cytoadherence of Plasmodium falciparum parasitized erythrocytes. Binds long chain fatty acids and may function in the transport and/or as a regulator of fatty acid transport. Receptor for thombospondins, THBS1 AND THBS2, mediating their antiangiogenic efects.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD36 are the cause of platelet glycoprotein IV deficiency (PG4D)[MIM:608404]; also known as CD36 deficiency. Platelet glycoprotein IV deficiency can be divided into 2 subgroups. The type I phenotype is characterized by platelets and monocytes/macrophages exhibiting complete CD36 deficiency. The type II phenotype lacks the surface expression of CD36 in platelets, but expression in monocytes/macrophages is near normal.
Genetic variations in CD36 are associated with susceptibility to coronary heart disease type 7 (CHDS7) [MIM:610938].
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CD36 family.
modificationsN-glycosylated and O-glycosylated with a ratio of 2:1.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Adipocyte membrane protein antibody
- CD36 antibody
- CD36 antibody
- CD36 antigen (collagen type I receptor, thrombospondin receptor) antibody
- CD36 antigen antibody
- CD36 molecule (thrombospondin receptor) antibody
- CD36 molecule antibody
- CD36_HUMAN antibody
- CHDS7 antibody
- Cluster determinant 36 antibody
- Collagen receptor, platelet antibody
- FAT antibody
- Fatty acid translocase antibody
- Fatty acid transport protein antibody
- Glycoprotein IIIb antibody
- GP IIIb antibody
- GP3B antibody
- GP4 antibody
- GPIIIB antibody
- GPIV antibody
- Leukocyte differentiation antigen CD36 antibody
- MGC108510 antibody
- MGC91634 antibody
- PAS 4 protein antibody
- PAS IV antibody
- PAS-4 antibody
- PASIV antibody
- Platelet collagen receptor antibody
- Platelet glycoprotein 4 antibody
- Platelet glycoprotein IV antibody
- scarb3 antibody
- Scavenger receptor class B member 3 antibody
- Thrombospondin receptor antibody
References for Anti-CD36 antibody [SM-phi] (FITC) (ab78258)
ab78258 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.