Anti-CD4 antibody [MEM-16] (ab27547)
- Product nameAnti-CD4 antibody [MEM-16]See all CD4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MEM-16] to CD4
- SpecificityAb25745 recognises CD4. We have data to indicate that this antibody may not cross react with Pig. However, this has not been conclusively tested and expression levels may vary in certain cell lines/tissues.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tissue / cell preparation (Human): HPB cell line (human peripheral blood leukemia T cells).
- EpitopeAb27574 reacts with an epitope located in the EF loop of D1 domain of CD4 antigen.
- Positive control
- Peripheral blood lymphocytes for Flow Cytometry.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide.
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4.
- Concentration information loading...
- Purity>95% by SDS-PAGE
- Purification notesAb27574 was purified from ascites by precipitation methods and size exclusion chromatography.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMEM-16
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27547 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionAccessory protein for MHC class-II antigen/T-cell receptor interaction. May regulate T-cell activation. Induces the aggregation of lipid rafts.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 3 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsPalmitoylation and association with LCK contribute to the enrichment of CD4 in lipid rafts.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Localizes to lipid rafts. Removed from plasma membrane by HIV-1 Nef protein that increases clathrin-dependent endocytosis of this antigen to target it to lysosomal degradation. Cell surface expression is also down-modulated by HIV-1 Envelope polyprotein gp160 that interacts with, and sequesters CD4 in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- CD 4 antibody
- CD4 (L3T4) antibody
- CD4 antibody
- CD4 antibody
- CD4 antigen (p55) antibody
- CD4 Antigen antibody
- CD4 molecule antibody
- CD4 Receptor antibody
- CD4+ Lymphocyte deficiency, included antibody
- CD4_HUMAN antibody
- CD4mut antibody
- L3T4 antibody
- Leu3 antibody
- Ly-4 antibody
- Lymphocyte antigen CD4 antibody
- MGC165891 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000238897 antibody
- p55 antibody
- T Cell Antigen T4 antibody
- T cell antigen T4/LEU3 antibody
- T cell differentiation antigen L3T4 antibody
- T cell OKT4 deficiency, included antibody
- T cell surface antigen T4/Leu 3 antibody
- T Cell Surface Antigen T4/Leu3 antibody
- T cell surface antigen T4/Leu3 antibody
- T Cell Surface Glycoprotein CD4 antibody
- T-cell surface antigen T4/Leu-3 antibody
- T-cell surface glycoprotein CD4 antibody
- W3/25 antibody
- W3/25 antigen antibody
References for Anti-CD4 antibody [MEM-16] (ab27547)
This product has been referenced in:
- Brdicková N et al. LIME: a new membrane Raft-associated adaptor protein involved in CD4 and CD8 coreceptor signaling. J Exp Med 198:1453-62 (2003). Read more (PubMed: 14610046) »