Anti-CD4 antibody [MEM-241] (ab1089)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- Purity>95% by SDS-PAGE
- Purification notesPurified from ascites by protein-A affinity chromatography.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMEM-241
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1089 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at an assay dependant concentration. Use under non-reducing conditions.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionAccessory protein for MHC class-II antigen/T-cell receptor interaction. May regulate T-cell activation. Induces the aggregation of lipid rafts.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 3 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsPalmitoylation and association with LCK contribute to the enrichment of CD4 in lipid rafts.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Localizes to lipid rafts. Removed from plasma membrane by HIV-1 Nef protein that increases clathrin-dependent endocytosis of this antigen to target it to lysosomal degradation. Cell surface expression is also down-modulated by HIV-1 Envelope polyprotein gp160 that interacts with, and sequesters CD4 in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- CD 4 antibodyCD4 (L3T4) antibodyCD4 antibody
- CD4 antibodyCD4 antigen (p55) antibodyCD4 Antigen antibodyCD4 molecule antibodyCD4 Receptor antibodyCD4+ Lymphocyte deficiency, included antibodyCD4_HUMAN antibodyCD4mut antibodyL3T4 antibodyLeu3 antibodyLy-4 antibodyLymphocyte antigen CD4 antibodyMGC165891 antibodyOTTHUMP00000238897 antibodyp55 antibodyT Cell Antigen T4 antibodyT cell antigen T4/LEU3 antibodyT cell differentiation antigen L3T4 antibodyT cell OKT4 deficiency, included antibodyT cell surface antigen T4/Leu 3 antibodyT Cell Surface Antigen T4/Leu3 antibodyT cell surface antigen T4/Leu3 antibodyT Cell Surface Glycoprotein CD4 antibodyT-cell surface antigen T4/Leu-3 antibodyT-cell surface glycoprotein CD4 antibodyW3/25 antibodyW3/25 antigen antibody
Anti-CD4 antibody [MEM-241] images
Fresh buffy coats isolated from T-cells were solubilized in lauryl maltoside lysis buffer and the lysate was subjected to affinity chromatography both on an immunosorbent made of immobilized ab8088 (anti-CD4) or irrelevant negative control immunosorbent. Lanes: 1. original lysate, 2. the material eluted from irrelevant immunosorbent (negative control), 3. the material eluted from ab8088 (anti-CD4)-sepharose.
References for Anti-CD4 antibody [MEM-241] (ab1089)
ab1089 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.