CD40 Human ELISA Kit (ab99990)
- Product nameCD40 Human ELISA KitSee all CD40 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 50 pg/ml
- Range54.87 pg/ml - 40000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 92.27 80% - 100% Serum 114.7 104% - 124% Plasma 90.19 78% - 100%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s CD40 Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human CD40 in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human CD40 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and CD40 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human CD40 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of CD40 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 500X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml 5X Assay Diluent D 1 x 15ml Biotinylated anti-human CD40 2 vials CD40 Microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) 1 unit CD40 Standard Human(recombinant) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- RelevanceCD40 (48 to 50 kDa) is a transmembrane glycoprotein mainly expressed on the surface of B cells and also expressed on monocytes, dendritic cells, and thymic epithelium. CD40 is a member of the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) receptor superfamily, which includes the low affinity nerve growth factor (NGF) receptor and CD95/Fas. CD40 is the receptor for CD40 ligand. CD40 ligand (CD40L, CD154, gp39, and TRAM) belongs to the TNF gene family and is expressed more widely than CD40 predominantly on activated CD4+ T cells. Following interaction with CD40 ligand, CD40 mediates a number of major immunoregulatory functions, central to the control of thymus dependent humoral immunity and may be critical in the development of cell mediated immune responses. Other biological actions include B cell homotypic adhesion, proliferation, immunoglobulin isotype switch, and secretion. Activation of CD40 has also been shown to inhibit the growth of certain B cell lymphomas and to induce the death of transformed cells of mesenchymal or epithelial origin.
- B cell associated molecule
- B cell associated molecule CD40
- B cell surface antigen CD40
- CD 40
- CD40 antigen
- CD40 antigen (TNF receptor superfamily member 5)
- CD40 molecule
- CD40 molecule TNF receptor superfamily member 5
- CD40 protein
- CD40 type II isoform
- CD40L receptor
- Nerve growth factor receptor related B lymphocyte activation molecule
- T BAM
- TNF receptor superfamily member 5
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 5
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 5 precursor
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, member 5, isoform CRA_a
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99990 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for CD40 Human ELISA Kit (ab99990)
ab99990 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.