Anti-CD44 antibody [KM201] (ab25340)
- Product nameAnti-CD44 antibody [KM201]See all CD44 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [KM201] to CD44
- Tested applicationsIP, WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Epitopeab25340 reacts with an epitope very close to the hyaluronate binding domain on the CD44 molecule.
- General notes
ab25340 can inhibit hyaluronate-dependent cell aggregation, prevent lympho-hemopoiesis in both Dexter and WhitlockWitte Cultures, prevent the earliest intrathymic precursors from homing to the thymus and costimulate the activation of freshly purified splenic CD4+ T cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 100mM Borate buffered saline, pH 8.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Primary antibody notes ab25340 can inhibit hyaluronate-dependent cell aggregation, prevent lympho-hemopoiesis in both Dexter and WhitlockWitte Cultures, prevent the earliest intrathymic precursors from homing to the thymus and costimulate the activation of freshly purified splenic CD4+ T cells.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberKM201
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25340 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionReceptor for hyaluronic acid (HA). Mediates cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions through its affinity for HA, and possibly also through its affinity for other ligands such as osteopontin, collagens, and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs). Adhesion with HA plays an important role in cell migration, tumor growth and progression. Also involved in lymphocyte activation, recirculation and homing, and in hematopoiesis. Altered expression or dysfunction causes numerous pathogenic phenotypes. Great protein heterogeneity due to numerous alternative splicing and post-translational modification events.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 10 (epithelial isoform) is expressed by cells of epithelium and highly expressed by carcinomas. Expression is repressed in neuroblastoma cells.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Link domain.
- DomainThe lectin-like LINK domain is responsible for hyaluronan binding.
modificationsProteolytically cleaved in the extracellular matrix by specific proteinases (possibly MMPs) in several cell lines and tumors.
O-glycosylated; contains more-or-less-sulfated chondroitin sulfate glycans, whose number may affect the accessibility of specific proteinases to their cleavage site(s).
Phosphorylated; activation of PKC results in the dephosphorylation of Ser-706 (constitutive phosphorylation site), and the phosphorylation of Ser-672.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- LHR antibody
- BA-1 antibody
- CD 44 antibody
- CD44 antibody
- CD44 antibody
- CD44 antigen antibody
- CD44 isoform RC antibody
- CD44 molecule (Indian blood group) antibody
- CD44 molecule antibody
- CD44_HUMAN antibody
- CDw44 antibody
- Cell surface glycoprotein CD44 antibody
- chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 8 antibody
- CSPG8 antibody
- ECM III antibody
- ECMR III antibody
- ECMR-III antibody
- ECMRIII antibody
- Epican antibody
- Extracellular Matrix Receptor III antibody
- GP90 Lymphocyte Homing Adhesion Receptor antibody
- GP90 lymphocyte homing/adhesion receptor antibody
- HCAM antibody
- HCELL antibody
- hematopoietic cell E- and L-selectin ligand antibody
- Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycan antibody
- Hermes Antigen antibody
- homing function and Indian blood group system antibody
- HSA antibody
- HUTCH I antibody
- HUTCH-I antibody
- HUTCH1 antibody
- Hyaluronate Receptor antibody
- IN antibody
- Indian blood group antibody
- Inlu Related p80 Glycoprotein antibody
- lhr antibody
- Ly 24 antibody
- MC56 antibody
- MDU2 antibody
- MDU3 antibody
- MGC10468 antibody
- MIC4 antibody
- MUTCH I antibody
- MUTCH1 antibody
- PGP 1 antibody
- PGP-1 antibody
- PGP-I antibody
- PGP1 antibody
- Phagocytic Glycoprotein 1 antibody
- Phagocytic glycoprotein I antibody
- Transmembrane glycoprotein antibody
Anti-CD44 antibody [KM201] images
Effect of CD44 blockade on hematopoiesis.
Long term bone marrow cultures from Has1/2/3 triple knock-out mice were treated with 300 µM 4MU or vehicle control during weekly feedings. Where indicated, 100 µg/ml HMW HA (UC, 600-1,500 kD) or 10 µg/ml CD44-specific antibody (ab25340) were added.
References for Anti-CD44 antibody [KM201] (ab25340)
This product has been referenced in:
- Goncharova V et al. Hyaluronan expressed by the hematopoietic microenvironment is required for bone marrow hematopoiesis. J Biol Chem 287:25419-33 (2012). Blocking ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22654110) »
- Gazi U et al. Fungal Recognition Enhances Mannose Receptor Shedding through Dectin-1 Engagement. J Biol Chem 286:7822-9 (2011). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21205820) »