CD44var (v5) Human ELISA kit (with color giving dyes) (ab119518)
- Product nameCD44var (v5) Human ELISA kit (with color giving dyes)
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 3.6% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 5.8%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich
- Sensitivity0.14 ng/ml
- Range0.31 ng/ml - 10 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 92 84% - 100%
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
ab119518 CD44var (v5) Human ELISA Kit (with color giving dyes) is an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative detection of human sCD44var (v5). ab119518 is for research use only. Not for diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
CD44 is a polymorphic glycoprotein which participates in a wide variety of cell-cell or cell-matrix interactions including lymphocyte homing, establishment of B and T cell immune responses, tumor metastasis formation and inflammation.
Three isoform categories of the CD44 molecule have been identified:
1) a predominant 80-90 kDa category, the so-called standard form named CD44std,
2) an intermediate size category of 110-160 kDa and
3) a category which includes very large isoforms of 250 kDa covalently modified by the addition of chondroitin sulfate.
This CD44-family of transmembrane receptor molecules is derived from a single gene located on chromosome 11. Alternative splicing of the mRNA gives rise to the different isoforms, containing inserts of varying sizes in the extracellular domain of the molecule (exons v2-v10). In contrast to standard CD44 (CD44std) which is almost ubiquitously expressed, the variety of CD44 isoforms (CD44var) have a much more restricted distribution, e.g., on keratinocytes (exons v3-v10), epithelial cells (exons v8-v10), activated lymphocytes and macrophages (exon v6).
A splice variant of CD44 (exons v4-v7) confers metastatic behavior in a rat carcinoma model; aberrant expression of splice variants has been detected on a variety of human tumor cell lines as well as primary and metastatic human tumors, including lymphomas, carcinomas (colon, thyroid, mamma, bladder), and gliomas.
Detection of abnormal regulation of CD44 splicing thus could be helpful in cancer diagnosis and disease evaluation.
ab119518 detects all circulating CD44 isoforms comprising the sCD44var (v5) sequences. Determination of sCD44var (v5) will provide more detailed insight into different pathological modifications during cancer and other diseases.
In order to help avoid any mistakes in pipetting, our kit provides color giving dyes that help monitor the addition of a solution to the reaction. Each dye gives a distinctive color for each step of the ELISA procedure.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests Adhesive Films 2 units Assay Buffer Concentrate (20x) 1 x 5ml Blue-Dye 1 x 0.4ml Green-Dye 1 x 0.4ml HRP-Conjugate anti-human sCD44var (v5) monoclonal antibody 2 vials Human sCD44var (v5) Standard 2 vials Monoclonal anti-human sCD44var (v5)-coated microwell plates 1 unit Sample Diluent 1 x 50ml Stop Solution 1 x 15ml Substrate Solution 1 x 15ml Wash Buffer Concentrate (20x) 1 x 50ml
- Research Areas
modificationsProteolytically cleaved in the extracellular matrix by specific proteinases (possibly MMPs) in several cell lines and tumors.
O-glycosylated; contains more-or-less-sulfated chondroitin sulfate glycans, whose number may affect the accessibility of specific proteinases to their cleavage site(s).
Phosphorylated; activation of PKC results in the dephosphorylation of Ser-706 (constitutive phosphorylation site), and the phosphorylation of Ser-672.
- CD44CD44 antigenCD44 molecule
- CD44_HUMANCDw44Cell surface glycoprotein CD44Chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 8CSPG8ECMR-IIIEpicanExtracellular matrix receptor IIIGP90 lymphocyte homing/adhesion receptorHCELLHematopoietic cell E and L selectin ligandHeparan sulfate proteoglycanHermes antigenHoming function and Indian blood group systemHUTCH-IHyaluronate receptorINIndian blood groupLHRMC56MDU2MDU3MIC4PGP-1PGP-IPgp1Phagocytic glycoprotein 1Phagocytic glycoprotein I
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119518 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
CD44var (v5) Human ELISA kit (with color giving dyes) images
Representative standard curve using ab119518. Human sCD44var (v5) was diluted in serial 2-fold steps in Sample Diluent.
References for CD44var (v5) Human ELISA kit (with color giving dyes) (ab119518)
ab119518 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.