CD44var (v6) Human ELISA kit (with color giving dyes) (ab119519)
- Product nameCD44var (v6) Human ELISA kit (with color giving dyes)
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 3% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.2%
- Tests1 x 96 test
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich
- Sensitivity0.05 ng/ml
- Range0.32 ng/ml - 10 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 106 89% - 115%
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
ab119519 CD44var (v6) Human ELISA kit (with color giving dyes) is an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative detection of human sCD44var (v6). ab119519 is for research use only. Not for diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
Alternative splicing of CD44 mRNA gives rise to the different isoforms, containing inserts of varying sizes in the extracellular domain of the molecule (exons v2-v10). All CD44 isoforms are variably glycosylated. In contrast to standard CD44 (CD44std) which is almost ubiquitously expressed, the variety of CD44 isoforms (CD44var) have a much more restricted distribution, e.g., on activated lymphocytes and macrophages (exon v6).
ab119519 detects all circulating CD44 isoforms comprising the sCD44var (v6) sequences.
Determination of sCD44var (v6) will provide more detailed insight into different pathological modifications during cancer and other diseases.
In order to help avoid any mistakes in pipetting, our kit provides color giving dyes that help monitor the addition of a solution to the reaction. Each dye gives a distinctive color for each step of the ELISA procedure.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests Adhesive Films 2 units Assay Buffer Concentrate (20x) 1 x 5ml Blue-Dye 1 x 0.4ml Green-Dye 1 x 0.4ml HRP-Conjugate anti-human sCD44var (v6) monoclonal antibody 2 x 10µl Human sCD44var (v6) Standard 2 vials Monoclonal anti-human sCD44var (v6)-coated microwell plate 1 unit Sample Diluent 1 x 50ml Stop Solution 1 x 15ml Substrate Solution 1 x 15ml Wash Buffer Concentrate (20x) 1 x 50ml
- Research Areas
modificationsProteolytically cleaved in the extracellular matrix by specific proteinases (possibly MMPs) in several cell lines and tumors.
O-glycosylated; contains more-or-less-sulfated chondroitin sulfate glycans, whose number may affect the accessibility of specific proteinases to their cleavage site(s).
Phosphorylated; activation of PKC results in the dephosphorylation of Ser-706 (constitutive phosphorylation site), and the phosphorylation of Ser-672.
- CD44CD44 antigenCD44 molecule
- CD44_HUMANCDw44Cell surface glycoprotein CD44Chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 8CSPG8ECMR-IIIEpicanExtracellular matrix receptor IIIGP90 lymphocyte homing/adhesion receptorHematopoietic cell E and L selectin ligandHeparan sulfate proteoglycanHermes antigenHoming function and Indian blood group systemHUTCH-IHyaluronate receptorINIndian blood groupLHRMC56MDU2MDU3MIC4PGP-1PGP-IPgp1Phagocytic glycoprotein 1Phagocytic glycoprotein I
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119519 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
CD44var (v6) Human ELISA kit (with color giving dyes) images
Representative standard curve using ab119519. Human sCD44var (v6) was diluted in serial 2-fold steps in Sample Diluent.
References for CD44var (v6) Human ELISA kit (with color giving dyes) (ab119519)
ab119519 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.