Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [OX-8] (ab33786)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberOX-8
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33786 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Blocking||BL: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/50 - 1/100. Use 10µl of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100µl.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- CD 8a antibody
- CD8 alpha chain antibody
- CD8 antibody
- CD8 antigen alpha chain antibody
- CD8 antigen alpha polypeptide antibody
- CD8 antigen alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD8a antibody
- CD8a antigen antibody
- CD8a molecule antibody
- CD8A_HUMAN antibody
- Leu 2 antibody
- Leu2 antibody
- Leu2 T lymphocyte antigen antibody
- MAL antibody
- OKT8 T cell antigen antibody
- OTTHUMP00000160760 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000160764 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000203528 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000203721 antibody
- p32 antibody
- T cell antigen Leu2 antibody
- T cell co receptor antibody
- T cell coreceptor antibody
- T cell surface glycoprotein CD8 alpha chain antibody
- T lymphocyte differentiation antigen T8/Leu 2 antibody
- T lymphocyte differentiation antigen T8/Leu2 antibody
- T-cell surface glycoprotein CD8 alpha chain antibody
- T-lymphocyte differentiation antigen T8/Leu-2 antibody
- T8 T cell antigen antibody
Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [OX-8] images
ab33786 staining CD8 alpha in rat spleen tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Tissue was fixed with 10% neutral buffered formalin and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using citrate buffer. Samples were then permeabilized with Triton X-100, blocked using 5% serum for 30 minutes at 25°C and then incubated with ab33786 at a 1/100 dilution for 1 hour at 25°C. The secondary used was a biotin-conjugated rabbit anti-mouse polyclonal, used at a 1/300 dilution.
ab33786 staining CD8 alpha in rat spleen tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections).
Tissue was fixed in acetone, blocked with 5% serum for 30 minutes at 25°C, then incubated with ab33786 at a 1/200 for 1 hour 30 minutes at 25°C. The secondary used was a biotin conjugated rabbit anti-mouse polyclonal, used at a 1/300.
References for Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [OX-8] (ab33786)
This product has been referenced in:
- Whiteland JL et al. Immunohistochemical detection of T-cell subsets and other leukocytes in paraffin-embedded rat and mouse tissues with monoclonal antibodies. J Histochem Cytochem 43:313-20 (1995). Read more (PubMed: 7868861) »