Anti-CEACAM1 + CEACAM5 antibody [4/3/17] (ab91213)
- Product nameAnti-CEACAM1 + CEACAM5 antibody [4/3/17]
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [4/3/17] to CEACAM1 + CEACAM5
- SpecificityDoes not recognise CEACAM3, CEACAM6 or CEACAM8
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, Competitive ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Native Human protein expressed in mammalian cells
- Positive controlTransfected BOSC23 cells
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number4/3/17
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91213 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: CEACAM1 58 , CEACAM5 77 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/200 - 1/400.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use 1-2µg for 106 cells.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1.2µg for 106 cells.|
|Competitive ELISA||cELISA: 1/200.|
- RelevanceCEACAM1 and CEACAM5 belong to the carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) gene family. It is expressed on cells of epithelial and myeloid origin. CEACAM1 expression is downregulated in many tumors indicating a tumor - suppressive function. The antitumor effect may be due to inhibition of tumor angiogenesis, possibly by increased secretion of antiangiogenic molecules from the cells. Like all members of the CEACAM family, it consists of a single N domain, with structural homology to the immunoglobulin variable domains, followed by two immunoglobulin constant-like A (A1, A2) and one B domain. While the N, A1 and B domains can also be found in other CEA-family members, the A2 domain of CEACAM1 differs from those found in other CEACAM. CEACAM5 is a cell surface glycoprotein that plays a role in cell adhesion and in intracellular signaling. CEACAM5 is a homodimer. It is a receptor for E.coli Dr adhesins. Binding of E.coli Dr adhesins leads to dissociation of the homodimer. Found in adenocarcinomas of endodermally derived digestive system epithelium and fetal colon.
- Cellular localizationIsoforms A, B, C: Cell membrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein. Isoforms G, H, I: Secreted.
- Antigen CD66e antibodyATP dependent taurocolate carrier protein antibodyBGP 1 antibody
- BGP antibodyBGP I antibodyBGP1 antibodyBGPI antibodyBiliary glycoprotein antibodyBiliary glycoprotein 1 antibodyBiliary glycoprotein adhesion molecule antibodyC CAM 105 antibodyCarcinoembryonic antigen 1 antibodyCarcinoembryonic antigen 7 antibodyCarcinoembryonic antigen related cell adhesion molecule 1 antibodyCarcinoembryonic antigen related cell adhesion molecule 5 antibodyCD66 antigen antibodyCD66a antigen antibodyCD66e antibodyCEA antibodyCEA related cell adhesion molecule 1 (bone gamma carboxyglutamic acid (Gla) protein) (osteocalcin) antibodyCEA related cell adhesion molecule 1 antibodyCEACAM 1 antibodyDKFZp781M2392 antibodymCEA1 antibodyMeconium antigen 100 antibodyOsteocalcin antibody
Anti-CEACAM1 + CEACAM5 antibody [4/3/17] images
ab91213 at 1.2µg/106 cells in BOSC23 cells transiently transfected with an expression vector encoding either CEACAM1 (red curve) or a control protein (black curve). A PE conjugated secondary antibody was used.
ab91213 at 1.2µg/106 cells in BOSC23 cells transiently transfected with an expression vector encoding either CEACAM5 (red curve) or a control protein (black curve). A PE conjugated secondary antibody was used.
Specificity testing of ab91213. BOSC23 cells were transiently transfected with expression vectors containing either the cDNA of CEACAM1, 3, 5, 6, 8 or a recombinant transmembrane-anchored PSG1 fusion protein. Expression of the constructs was confirmed with monoclonal antibodies known to recognise the corresponding proteins (green curves). An irrelevant monoclonal antibody served as a negative control (black curves). For specificity testing, protein G purified ab91213 was tested on all CEACAM transfectants. A positive signal was obtained with CEACAM1 and CEACAM5 expressing cells (red curves).
References for Anti-CEACAM1 + CEACAM5 antibody [4/3/17] (ab91213)
ab91213 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.