Anti-CEBP Beta antibody [18F8] (ab15049)
- Product nameAnti-CEBP Beta antibody [18F8]See all CEBP Beta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [18F8] to CEBP Beta
- SpecificityAb15049 only detects the LAP* isoform of CEBPG beta.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide: MHRLLAWDAACLPPPAAFP conjugated to KLH, corresponding to amino acids 1-19 of Mouse CEBP Beta
- Positive control
- Transfected 293T cells, P388D1 cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 1mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number18F8
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15049 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionImportant transcriptional activator in the regulation of genes involved in immune and inflammatory responses. Specifically binds to an IL-1 response element in the IL-6 gene. NF-IL6 also binds to regulatory regions of several acute-phase and cytokines genes. It probably plays a role in the regulation of acute-phase reaction, inflammation and hemopoiesis. The consensus recognition site is 5'-T[TG]NNGNAA[TG]-3'. Functions in brown adipose tissue (BAT) differentiation.
- Tissue specificityExpressed at low levels in the lung, kidney and spleen.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. C/EBP subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
- Domainthe 9aaTAD motif is a transactivation domain present in a large number of yeast and animal transcription factors.
modificationsSumoylated by polymeric chains of SUMO2 or SUMO3.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- AGP/EBP antibody
- Binding protein for granulocyte colony stimulating factor promoter element 1 antibody
- C EBP beta antibody
- C/EBP beta antibody
- C/EBP related protein 2 antibody
- CCAAT Enhancer Binding Protein beta antibody
- CCAAT/enhancer binding protein antibody
- CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta antibody
- CEBPB antibody
- CEBPB_HUMAN antibody
- CRP2 antibody
- GPE1BP antibody
- IG/EBP1 antibody
- IL 6DBP antibody
- IL6DBP antibody
- Interleukin 6 dependent binding protein antibody
- LAP antibody
- Liver activator protein antibody
- Liver enriched transcriptional activator antibody
- NF IL6 antibody
- NFIL6 antibody
- Nuclear factor NF IL6 antibody
- Nuclear factor NF-IL6 antibody
- SF B antibody
- SFB antibody
- Silencer factor B antibody
- TCF-5 antibody
- TCF5 antibody
- Transcription factor 5 antibody
Anti-CEBP Beta antibody [18F8] images
Predicted band size : 36 kDa
Western blot of the CEBP Beta using ab15049 on transfected CEBP beta.
Immunofluorescence staining of CEBP beta in P388D1 cells using ab15049.
References for Anti-CEBP Beta antibody [18F8] (ab15049)
This product has been referenced in:
- Atwood AA et al. Negative Regulation of C/EBPbeta1 by Sumoylation in Breast Cancer Cells. PLoS One 6:e25205 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21980398) »
- Atwood AA & Sealy L Regulation of C/EBPbeta1 by Ras in mammary epithelial cells and the role of C/EBPbeta1 in oncogene-induced senescence. Oncogene 29:6004-15 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20818427) »