Anti-CENPE antibody (ab4163)
- Product nameAnti-CENPE antibodySee all CENPE primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CENPE
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivity
Predicted to work with: Human
Synthetic peptide derived from within residues 2450 - 2550 of Human CENPE.
(Peptide available as ab24674.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa nuclear preparations.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4163 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PFA fixation has not given good results (see Abrevie by Kirk McManus). Methanol fixation seems more optimal.|
|WB||WB: 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 312 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 312 kDa).Can be blocked with Human CENPE peptide (ab24674).|
- RelevanceCENPE is a 250-300 kDa human centromere-associated kinesin-like motor protein that accumulates in G2 phase. In contrast to other centromere proteins, CENPE is not detected at centromeres during interphase, and first appears at the centromere region of chromosomes during prometaphase. CENPE function is required for the transition from metaphase to anaphase. CENPE is probably one of the motors responsible for mammalian chromosome movement and/or spindle elongation.
- Cellular localizationAssociates with kinetochores during congression, relocates to the spindle midzone at anaphase, and is quantitatively discarded at the end of the cell division.
- CENP E antibody
- Centromere associated protein E antibody
- Centromere autoantigen E (312kD) antibody
- Centromere autoantigen E antibody
- Centromere protein E 312kDa antibody
- Centromere protein E antibody
- Centromeric protein E antibody
- KIF10 antibody
- Kinesin family member 10 antibody
- Kinesin related protein antibody
- Kinesin related protein CENPE antibody
- PPP1R61 antibody
- Protein phosphatase 1, regulatory subunit 61 antibody
Anti-CENPE antibody images
Anti-CENPE antibody (ab4163) at 1/500 dilution + Hela nuclear extract at 20 µg
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 312 kDa
Observed band size : 312 kDa
Additional bands at : 200 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
The band of 312kD (expected size) can be blocked by the immunising peptide (data not shown). It is possible that the lower band represents protein degradation in the extract.
References for Anti-CENPE antibody (ab4163)
ab4163 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.