Anti-CGRP antibody (ab47027)
- Product nameAnti-CGRP antibodySee all CGRP primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CGRP
- SpecificityThe immunogen used to raise this antibody has 78% homology with the human CGRP protein. Previous batches of ab47027 have shown to work in human tissue. Please contact Abcam Scientific Support for more information.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Rat CGRP.
(Peptide available as ab47101.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Rat Dorsal Root Ganglion Tissue Lysate. IHC-P: FFPE rat dorsal root ganglion tissue sections.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47027 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/400. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 15 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 14 kDa).Can be blocked with Rat CGRP peptide (ab47101).|
- RelevanceCGRP is present in C-cells of the thyroid and in central and peripheral nerves. CGRP has several important physiologic roles: it is a potent vasodilator, and can affect the force and rate of heart beat; it can modulate acetylcholine receptor function at the neuromuscular junction; it has been demonstrated to block tolerance to morphine; and it can modulate antigen presentation in Langerhans cells in the skin. Despite these important physiologic functions, therapeutic strategies using CGRP have been impeded due to the lack of a cloned CGRP receptor with which ligands could be developed.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum and Secreted
- Calcitonin/calcitonin related polypeptide alpha antibody
- Alpha type CGRP antibody
- Alpha type CGRP antibody
- Beta type CGRP antibody
- CALC 1 antibody
- CALC A antibody
- CALC1 antibody
- CALC2 antibody
- CALCA antibody
- CALCB antibody
- Calcitonin 1 antibody
- Calcitonin 2 antibody
- Calcitonin gene related peptide 1 antibody
- Calcitonin gene related peptide 1 precursor antibody
- Calcitonin gene related peptide antibody
- Calcitonin gene related peptide I antibody
- Calcitonin gene related peptide II antibody
- Calcitonin related polypeptide alpha antibody
- Calcitonin related polypeptide beta antibody
- CGRP antibody
- CGRP I antibody
- CGRP II antibody
- CGRP1 antibody
- CGRP2 antibody
- CT antibody
- Katacalcin antibody
- KC antibody
- MGC126648 antibody
Anti-CGRP antibody images
IHC image of CGRP staining in rat dorsal root ganglion formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab47027, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Anti-CGRP antibody (ab47027) at 1 µg/ml + Dorsal Root Ganglia (Rat) Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 14 kDa
Observed band size : 15 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
IHC-P image of CGRP staining on Rat spinal cord sections using ab47027 (1:400). The sections were deparafinized and subjected to heat mediated antigen retrieval. The sections were then blocked using 1% BSA at 21°C for 10 min. The primary antibody was used 21°C for 2 hours.
References for Anti-CGRP antibody (ab47027)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhao T et al. Levo-tetrahydropalmatine retards the growth of ectopic endometrial implants and alleviates generalized hyperalgesia in experimentally induced endometriosis in rats. Reprod Sci 18:28-45 (2011). Rat . Read more (PubMed: 20884991) »