Anti-CNG3 antibody (ab97500)
- Product nameAnti-CNG3 antibodySee all CNG3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CNG3
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Cow
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human CNG3.
(Peptide available as ab109061.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in Mouse Retina Tissue Lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97500 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 79 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 79 kDa).Can be blocked with CNG3 peptide (ab109061).|
- FunctionVisual signal transduction is mediated by a G-protein coupled cascade using cGMP as second messenger. This protein can be activated by cyclic GMP which leads to an opening of the cation channel and thereby causing a depolarization of cone photoreceptors. Induced a flickering channel gating, weakened the outward rectification in the presence of extracellular calcium, increased sensitivity for L-cis diltiazem and enhanced the cAMP efficacy of the channel when coexpressed with CNGB3 (By similarity). Essential for the generation of light-evoked electrical responses in the red-, green- and blue sensitive cones.
- Tissue specificityProminently expressed in retina.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CNGA3 are the cause of achromatopsia type 2 (ACHM2) [MIM:216900]; also known as total colorblindness or rod monochromacy (RMCH2). ACHM2 is an autosomal recessive condition characterized by day blindness and photophobia. In ACHM2 patients the cones are defective and the subjects see better at night.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclic nucleotide-gated cation channel (TC 1.A.1.5) family. CNGA3 subfamily.
Contains 1 cyclic nucleotide-binding domain.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- ACHM2 antibodyCCNC1 antibodyCCNCa antibody
- CCNCalpha antibodyCNCG3 antibodyCNG 3 antibodyCNG channel alpha 3 antibodyCNG channel alpha-3 antibodyCNG-3 antibodyCNG3 antibodyCNGA3 antibodyCnga3 cyclic nucleotide gated channel alpha 3 antibodyCNGA3_HUMAN antibodyCone photoreceptor cGMP gated channel antibodyCone photoreceptor cGMP gated channel alpha subunit antibodyCone photoreceptor cGMP gated channel subunit alpha antibodyCone photoreceptor cGMP-gated channel subunit alpha antibodyCyclic nucleotide gated cation channel alpha 3 antibodyCyclic nucleotide gated channel alpha 3 antibodyCyclic nucleotide gated channel olfactory 3 antibodyCyclic nucleotide gated channel rod photoreceptor subunit alpha antibodyCyclic nucleotide-gated cation channel alpha-3 antibodyCyclic nucleotide-gated channel alpha-3 antibodyOTTHUMP00000161120 antibody
Anti-CNG3 antibody images
Anti-CNG3 antibody (ab97500) at 1 µg/ml + Mouse Retina Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 79 kDa
Observed band size : 79 kDa
Additional bands at : 46 kDa,55 kDa,70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 2 minutes
References for Anti-CNG3 antibody (ab97500)
ab97500 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.