Anti-COL1A2 antibody (ab84713)
- Product nameAnti-COL1A2 antibodySee all COL1A2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to COL1A2
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Dog
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within internal amino acids 1044 - 1093 (PGSVGPAGPR GPAGPSGPAG KDGRTGHPGT VGPAGIRGPQ GHQGPAGPPG) of Human COL1A2 (NP_000080)
- Positive control
- Fetal liver lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84713 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 129 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
- RelevanceCOL1A2 is the pro-alpha2 chain of type I collagen whose triple helix comprises two alpha1 chains and one alpha2 chain. Type I is a fibril-forming collagen found in most connective tissues and is abundant in bone, cornea, dermis and tendon. Defects in COL1A2 are associated with osteogenesis imperfecta types I-IV, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VIIB, recessive Ehlers-Danlos syndrome Classical type, idiopathic osteoporosis, and atypical Marfan syndrome. Symptoms associated with mutations in this gene, however, tend to be less severe than mutations in the gene for the alpha1 chain of type I collagen (COL1A1) reflecting the different role of alpha2 chains in matrix integrity.
- Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix
- Alpha 2 collagen type I antibody
- Alpha 2 type I collagen antibody
- Alpha 2(I) collagen antibody
- Collagen alpha 2(I) chain antibody
- Collagen I alpha 2 polypeptide antibody
- Collagen of skin tendon and bone alpha 2 chain antibody
- Collagen type I alpha 2 antibody
- OI4 antibody
- Osteogenesis imperfecta type IV antibody
- Type I procollagen antibody
Anti-COL1A2 antibody images
Anti-COL1A2 antibody (ab84713) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + Human fetal liver lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 129 kDa
Observed band size : 144 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 92 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-COL1A2 antibody (ab84713)
ab84713 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.