Anti-COP1 antibody (ab70890)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 8mM PBS, 60mM Citrate, 150mM Tris, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70890 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Is unsuitable for WB. (Use ab70889).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionE3 ubiquitin-protein ligase that mediates ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins. E3 ubiquitin ligases accept ubiquitin from an E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme in the form of a thioester and then directly transfers the ubiquitin to targeted substrates. Involved in JUN ubiquitination and degradation. Directly involved in p53 (TP53) ubiquitination and degradation, thereby abolishing p53-dependent transcription and apoptosis. Ubiquitinates p53 independently of MDM2 or RCHY1. Probably mediates E3 ubiquitin ligase activity by functioning as the essential RING domain subunit of larger E3 complexes. In contrast, it does not constitute the catalytic RING subunit in the DCX DET1-COP1 complex that negatively regulates JUN, the ubiquitin ligase activity being mediated by RBX1.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed at low level. Expressed at higher level in testis, placenta, skeletal muscle and heart.
- PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the COP1 family.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
Contains 7 WD repeats.
- DomainThe RING finger domain, in addition to its role in ubiquitination, functions as a structural scaffold to bring two clusters of positive-charged residues within spatial proximity to mimic a bipartite nuclear localization signal (NLS).
- Cellular localizationNucleus speckle. Cytoplasm. In the nucleus, it forms nuclear speckles.
- Constitutive photomorphogenesis protein 1 homolog antibodyCOP antibodyE3 ubiquitin-protein ligase RFWD2 antibody
- hCOP1 antibodyRFWD2 antibodyRFWD2_HUMAN antibodyring finger and WD repeat domain 2 antibodyRING finger and WD repeat domain protein 2 antibodyRING finger protein 200 antibody
Anti-COP1 antibody images
HeLa whole cell lysate (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded).
Lane 1: ab70889 at 3µg/ml for IP.
Lane 2: ab70890 at 3µg/ml for IP.
Lane 3: ab70891 at 3µg/ml for IP.
Lane 4: IgG control
Subsequent Western Blotting was carried out using ab70889 at 1µg/ml.
Detection: Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 10 seconds.
References for Anti-COP1 antibody (ab70890)
ab70890 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.