Anti-COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 antibody (ab2338)
- Product nameAnti-COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 antibodySee all COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1
- SpecificityThis antibody is expected to recognise both human isoforms of this protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: QDDGPAVERPSTEL, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 586-599 of Human COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1.
- General notesPrincipal Names – PTGS1; prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase 1 (prostaglandin G/H synthase and cyclooxygenase); COX1; PHS 1; PTGHS; PGG/HS; PGHS-1; prostaglandin G/H synthase and cyclooxygenase; COX3; PCOX1 Official Gene Symbol - PTGS1 GenBank Accession Number – NP_000953; NP_542158 LocusLink ID - 5742 Gene Ontology terms - Lipid metabolism; physiological processes; prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipoprotein metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2338 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Can be blocked with COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 peptide (586-599) (ab22901).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 3 - 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionMay play an important role in regulating or promoting cell proliferation in some normal and neoplastically transformed cells.
- PathwayLipid metabolism; prostaglandin biosynthesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the prostaglandin G/H synthase family.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
- Cellular localizationMicrosome membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- COX 1 antibodyCOX 3 antibodyCOX-1 antibody
- COX1 antibodyCOX3 antibodyCyclooxygenase 1 antibodyCyclooxygenase 3, included antibodyCyclooxygenase-1 antibodyCyclooxygenase1 antibodyEC 188.8.131.52 antibodyPartial COX1 proteins, included antibodyPCOX 1 antibodyPCOX1 antibodyPGG/HS antibodyPGH synthase 1 antibodyPGH1_HUMAN antibodyPGHS 1 antibodyPGHS-1 antibodyPGHS1 antibodyPHS 1 antibodyPHS1 antibodyProstaglandin endoperoxide synthase 1 antibodyProstaglandin G/H synthase 1 antibodyProstaglandin G/H synthase and cyclooxygenase antibodyProstaglandin H Synthase 1 antibodyProstaglandin H2 synthase 1 antibodyProstaglandin-endoperoxide synthase 1 (prostaglandin G/H synthase and cyclooxygenase) antibodyProstaglandin-endoperoxide synthase 1 antibodyPTGHS antibodyPTGS 1 antibodyPTGS1 antibody
Anti-COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 antibody images
Ab2338 staining (1µg/ml) of HeLa lysate (RIPA buffer, 30µg total protein per lane). Primary incubated for 1 hour. Detected by western blot using chemiluminescence.
ab2338 (3.8 µg/ml) staining COX1/cyclooxygenase 1 in paraffin-embedded Human heart myocardial fibers following steamed antigen retrieval with citrate buffer (pH 6).
References for Anti-COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 antibody (ab2338)
ab2338 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.