Anti-CTLA4 antibody [1B8] (Biotin) (ab25212)
- Product nameAnti-CTLA4 antibody [1B8] (Biotin)See all CTLA4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionArmenian Hamster monoclonal [1B8] to CTLA4 (Biotin)
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, IP, Functional Studies more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C in the dark. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1B8
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25212 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FuncS: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Enhancement of tumor immunity: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionInhibitory receptor acting as a major negative regulator of T-cell responses. The affinity of CTLA4 for its natural B7 family ligands, CD80 and CD86, is considerably stronger than the affinity of their cognate stimulatory coreceptor CD28.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed with highest levels in lymphoid tissues. Detected in activated T-cells where expression levels are 30- to 50-fold less than CD28, the stimulatory coreceptor, on the cell surface following activation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variation in CTLA4 influences susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) [MIM:152700]. SLE is a chronic, inflammatory and often febrile multisystemic disorder of connective tissue. It affects principally the skin, joints, kidneys and serosal membranes. SLE is thought to represent a failure of the regulatory mechanisms of the autoimmune system.
Note=Genetic variations in CTLA4 may influence susceptibility to Graves disease, an autoimmune disorder associated with overactivity of the thyroid gland and hyperthyroidism.
Genetic variation in CTLA4 is the cause of susceptibility to diabetes mellitus insulin-dependent type 12 (IDDM12) [MIM:601388]. A multifactorial disorder of glucose homeostasis that is characterized by susceptibility to ketoacidosis in the absence of insulin therapy. Clinical fetaures are polydipsia, polyphagia and polyuria which result from hyperglycemia-induced osmotic diuresis and secondary thirst. These derangements result in long-term complications that affect the eyes, kidneys, nerves, and blood vessels.
Genetic variation in CTLA4 is the cause of susceptibility to celiac disease type 3 (CELIAC3) [MIM:609755]. It is a multifactorial disorder of the small intestine that is influenced by both environmental and genetic factors. It is characterized by malabsorption resulting from inflammatory injury to the mucosa of the small intestine after the ingestion of wheat gluten or related rye and barley proteins. In its classic form, celiac disease is characterized in children by malabsorption and failure to thrive.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsN-glycosylation is important for dimerization.
Phosphorylation at Tyr-201 prevents binding to the AP-2 adapter complex, blocks endocytosis, and leads to retention of CTLA4 on the cell surface.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Exists primarily an intracellular antigen whose surface expression is tightly regulated by restricted trafficking to the cell surface and rapid internalisation and.
- CD 152 antibodyCD antibodyCD152 antibody
- CD152 antibodyCD152 antigen antibodyCD152 isoform antibodyCeliac disease 3 antibodyCELIAC3 antibodyCTLA 4 antibodyCTLA-4 antibodyCTLA4 antibodyCTLA4_HUMAN antibodyCytotoxic T cell associated 4 antibodyCytotoxic T cell associated 4 antibodyCytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen 4 antibodyCytotoxic T lymphocyte associated 4 antibodyCytotoxic T lymphocyte associated 4 antibodyCytotoxic T lymphocyte associated antigen 4 antibodyCytotoxic T lymphocyte associated antigen 4 short spliced form antibodyCytotoxic T lymphocyte associated protein 4 antibodyCytotoxic T lymphocyte associated serine esterase 4 antibodyCytotoxic T lymphocyte associated serine esterase 4 antibodyCytotoxic T lymphocyte protein 4 antibodyCytotoxic T-lymphocyte protein 4 antibodyCytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated antigen 4 antibodyGRD4 antibodyGSE antibodyICOS antibodyIDDM12 antibodyLigand and transmembrane spliced cytotoxic T lymphocyte associated antigen 4 antibodyOTTHUMP00000216623 antibody
References for Anti-CTLA4 antibody [1B8] (Biotin) (ab25212)
ab25212 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.