Anti-CXCL11 antibody (ab9955)
- Product nameAnti-CXCL11 antibodySee all CXCL11 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CXCL11
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, Neutralising, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Highly pure (>98%) recombinant hI-TAC (human Interferon-inducible T cell alpha chemoattractant)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive result in IF in the following Formaldehyde fixed cell line: A431
- FormLyophilised:Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS, pH 7.4, no preservative, sterile filtered
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9955 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 14 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 10 kDa). To detect hI-TAC by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hI-TAC is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. To detect hI-TAC by direct ELISA (using 100µl/well antibody solution) a concentration of at least 0.5µg/ml of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents, allows the detection of 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant hI-TAC.|
|Neutralising||Neut: Use at an assay dependent dilution. To yield one-half maximal inhibition [ND50] of the biological activity of hI-TAC (100 ng/ml), a concentration of 3 µg/ml of this antibody is required.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionChemotactic for interleukin-activated T-cells but not unstimulated T-cells, neutrophils or monocytes. Induces calcium release in activated T-cells. Binds to CXCR3. May play an important role in CNS diseases which involve T-cell recruitment. May play a role in skin immune responses.
- Tissue specificityHigh levels in peripheral blood leukocytes, pancreas and liver astrocytes. Moderate levels in thymus, spleen and lung. Low levels in placenta, prostate and small intestine. Also found in epidermal basal layer keratinocytes in skin disorders.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- b R1 antibodyb-R1 antibodyBeta-R1 antibody
- betaR1 antibodyC-X-C motif chemokine 11 antibodyChemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 11 antibodyChemokine C-X-C motif ligand 11 antibodyCXC11 antibodyCXCL11 antibodyCXL11_HUMAN antibodyH174 antibodyI TAC antibodyI-TAC antibodyInterferon gamma inducible protein 9 antibodyInterferon gamma-inducible protein 9 antibodyInterferon inducible T cell alpha chemoattractant antibodyInterferon-inducible T-cell a chemoattractant I-TAC antibodyInterferon-inducible T-cell alpha chemoattractant antibodyIP 9 antibodyIP-9 antibodyIP9 antibodyITAC antibodyMGC102770 antibodySCYB11 antibodySCYB9B antibodysmall inducible cytokine B11 antibodysmall inducible cytokine subfamily B (Cys-X-Cys) member 11 antibodysmall inducible cytokine subfamily B (Cys-X-Cys) member 9B antibodySmall inducible cytokine subfamily B, member 11 antibodySmall inducible cytokine subfamily B, member 9B antibodySmall-inducible cytokine B11 antibody
Anti-CXCL11 antibody images
ab9955 staining CXCL11 in human renal tumor with parenchyma tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA fixed paraffin-embedded sections). The primary antibody was used at 0.125 ug/ml and incubated with sample at 4°C overnight. A HRP-labeled polymer detection system was used with a DAB chromogen. Optimal results for these conditions were acheived without antigen retrieval step.
Anti-CXCL11 antibody (ab9955) at 1 µg/ml +
Liver (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29889) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 10 kDa
Observed band size : 14 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 31 kDa,45 kDa,49 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
ab9955 staining CXCL11 in Human glioblastoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections). The sections were fixed in formaldehyde and subjected to heat-mediated antigen retrieval in citrate buffer prior to blocking with a proprietary non-protein blocking solution for 5 minutes at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/500 and incubated with the sample for 30 minutes. A biotin-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody, diluted 1/500.
ICC/IF image of ab9955 stained A431 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab9955 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-CXCL11 antibody (ab9955)
ab9955 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.