Anti-CaMKII antibody (ab3908)
- Product nameAnti-CaMKII antibodySee all CaMKII primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CaMKII
- Specificityab3908 is specific for 50 kDa and 60 kDa (alpha and beta forms) CaM KII phosphorylated at Thr286. Dot blots and Western blots with phosphopeptide and dephosphopeptide competition was used to define specificity of ab3908.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Raised against a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding the phosphorylated Thr286.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage buffer10 mM Hepes (pH7.5), 150 mM NaCl, 100 ug/ml BSA and 50% glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Primary antibody notes CaM KII is an important member of calcium / calmodulin activated kinase, functioning in neural synaptic stimulation and T-cell receptor signaling. CaM KII has catalytic and regulatory domains. The binding of Ca++ / calmodulin to its regulatory domain releases its autoinhibitory effect and activates the kinase. The activated CaM KII further autophosphorylates itself at Thr286 to render the kinase constitutively active. The threonine phosphorylation state of CaM KII can be regulated through PP1/PKA. PP1 (protein phosphatase 1) dephosphorylates phospho-CaM KII at Thr286. On the other hand, PKA (protein kinase A) prevents this phosphorylation process through its inhibitory effect on PP1.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3908 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
By Western blot, this antibody detects bands of 50 kDa and 60 kDa, which correspond to the predicted molecular weight of phosho CaM Kinase II.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCaM-kinase II (CAMK2) is a prominent kinase in the central nervous system that may function in long-term potentiation and neurotransmitter release. Member of the NMDAR signaling complex in excitatory synapses it may regulate NMDAR-dependent potentiation of the AMPAR and synaptic plasticity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CaMK subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse > presynaptic cell membrane. Cell junction > synapse. Postsynaptic lipid rafts.
- Entrez Gene: 12323 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 108058 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 12325 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 12322 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24246 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 24245 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 171140 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 25400 Rat
- SwissProt: P28652 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q6PHZ2 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q923T9 Mouse
- SwissProt: P11798 Mouse
- SwissProt: P15791 Rat
- SwissProt: P08413 Rat
- SwissProt: P11730 Rat
- SwissProt: P11275 Rat
- Unigene: 131530 Mouse
- Unigene: 107499 Rat
- Calcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase II alpha antibodyCalcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase II alpha B subunit antibodyCalcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase II beta antibody
- Calcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase II delta antibodyCalcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase II gamma antibodyCalcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase IIA antibodyCalcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase type II alpha chain antibodyCalcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase type II antibodyCalcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase type II subunit alpha antibodyCaM kinase II alpha antibodyCaM kinase II alpha chain antibodyCaM kinase II alpha subunit antibodyCaM kinase II antibodyCaM kinase II beta antibodyCaM kinase II delta antibodyCaM kinase II gamma antibodyCaM kinase II subunit alpha antibodyCAMK 2 antibodyCAMK 2A antibodyCaMK II alpha subunit antibodyCaMK II antibodyCaMK-II subunit alpha antibodyCAMK2 antibodyCAMK2A antibodyCAMK2B antibodyCAMK2D antibodyCAMK2G antibodyCAMKA antibodyKCC2A antibodyKCC2A_HUMAN antibodyKIAA0968 antibodyKinase CaMK2 alpha antibody
References for Anti-CaMKII antibody (ab3908)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wei Y et al. Dopamine transporter activity mediates amphetamine-induced inhibition of Akt through a Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent kinase II-dependent mechanism. Mol Pharmacol 71:835-42 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17164407) »