Anti-Calcitonin antibody [16B5 ] (ab11493)
- Product nameAnti-Calcitonin antibody [16B5 ]See all Calcitonin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [16B5 ] to Calcitonin
- SpecificityThis antibody recognises human procalcitonin and calcitonin. Specific for calcitonin (central part).
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA, Flow Cyt, ELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment (Human).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesPurity tested by electrophoresis.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number16B5
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11493 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal  to Procalcitonin (HRP) (ab24454) and Rabbit polyclonal to Calcitonin (ab8553). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Capture at 5µg/ml with ab8553 as Detection.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa.|
- RelevanceCalcitonin is a 32 amino acid peptide hormone synthesized by the parafollicular cells of the thyroid. It causes a rapid, but short lived, reduction in serum calcium and phosphate by promoting the incorporation of those ions in the bones. This effect is opposite to that of parathyroid hormone. Staining for calcitonin may be used for the identification of a spectrum of C cell proliferative abnormalities ranging from C cell hyperplasia to invasive tumors. Staining for calcitonin in medullary carcinoma of the thyroid produces a fine granular pattern in the cytoplasm. Amyloid deposits within the tumor may also exhibit varying degrees of calcitonin activity.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Secreted
- Alpha CGRP antibodyalpha type CGRP antibodyCALC 1 antibody
- CALC A antibodyCALC1 antibodyCALCA antibodycalcitonin 1 antibodycalcitonin gene related peptide 1 antibodycalcitonin gene related peptide I antibodyCalcitonin related polypeptide alpha antibodyCGRP 1 antibodyCGRP antibodyCGRP I antibodyCGRP1 antibodyCGRPI antibodyCT antibodyCT antibodyKatacalcin antibodyKC antibodyMGC126648 antibody
Anti-Calcitonin antibody [16B5 ] images
Calibration curves of several procalcitonin sandwich ELISAs using a range of monclonal antibodies available agaisn't procalcitonin, calcitonin and catacalcin fragments. Capture antibodies used at 1
µg/well and detection antibodies at 0.1 µg/well.
Dark blue square = ab11493 [16B5] (calcitonin fragment) and ab11494  (procalcitonin fragment). Light grey circle = ab11497 [24B2] (calcitonin fragment) and ab11484 [13B9] (calcitonin fragment). Grey triangle = ab11487 [14C12] (catacalcin fragment) and ab11496 [14A2] (calcitonin fragment). Dark grey circle = ab14813 [27A3] (procalcitonin fragment) and ab11491 [22A11] (catacalcin fragment).
Amino acid sequence and schematic diagram of human procalcitonin and the N-terminal, calcitonin, and katacalcin (catacalcin) fragments.
Immunodetection of human recominbinant procalcitonin in WB by a range of monoclonal antibodies available which detect different fragments of the protein, N-terminal, calcitonin or catacalcin, (see immunogen section and related figure).
Anti- N-terminal antibodies available; 1) ab14816 [6F10], 2) ab14813 [27A3], 3) ab11498 [38F11], 4) ab14817 [44D9], 5) ab11494 ,
Anti- calcitonin antibodies available; 6) ab11484 [13B9], 7) ab14818 [13F2], 8) ab14819 [13G11], 9) ab11496 [14A2], 10) ab11493 [16B5], 11) ab11497 [24B2],
Anti- catacalcin antibodies available; 12) ab11487 [14C12], 13) ab11490 [18B7], 14) ab11491 [22A11].
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab11493 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab11493, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in SH-SY5Y cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-Calcitonin antibody [16B5 ] (ab11493)
ab11493 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.