Anti-Calcitonin antibody (ab8553)
- Product nameAnti-Calcitonin antibodySee all Calcitonin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Calcitonin
- SpecificityThis antibody stains specifically for human parafollicular cells (C-cells) of normal and hyperplastic thyroid as well as medullary thyroid carcinoma. No staining of other cells or tissues has been observed.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA, ELISA, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Horse, Dog, Pig
Synthetic human calcitonin 1-32.
- Positive controlMedullary carcinoma of the thyroid or thyroid c-cell hyperplasia.
- General notesProlonged fixation in buffered formalin can destroy the epitope
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage buffer0.02M sodium phosphate, 0.1M sodium chloride, pH 7.3 and 0.05% sodium azide.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8553 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [16B5 ] to Calcitonin (ab11493). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5µg/ml with Ab11493 as Capture.|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/300 - 1/3000.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/75 - 1/150. Antigen retrieval is not essential but may optimise staining.|
|WB||WB: 1/200 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa.|
- RelevanceCalcitonin is a 32 amino acid peptide hormone synthesized by the parafollicular cells of the thyroid. It causes a rapid, but short lived, reduction in serum calcium and phosphate by promoting the incorporation of those ions in the bones. This effect is opposite to that of parathyroid hormone. Staining for calcitonin may be used for the identification of a spectrum of C cell proliferative abnormalities ranging from C cell hyperplasia to invasive tumors. Staining for calcitonin in medullary carcinoma of the thyroid produces a fine granular pattern in the cytoplasm. Amyloid deposits within the tumor may also exhibit varying degrees of calcitonin activity.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Secreted
- Alpha CGRP antibodyalpha type CGRP antibodyCALC 1 antibody
- CALC A antibodyCALC1 antibodyCALC1 antibodyCALCA antibodycalcitonin 1 antibodycalcitonin gene related peptide 1 antibodycalcitonin gene related peptide I antibodyCalcitonin related polypeptide alpha antibodyCGRP 1 antibodyCGRP antibodyCGRP I antibodyCGRP1 antibodyCGRP1 antibodyCGRPI antibodyCT antibodyCT antibodyKatacalcin antibodyKC antibodyKC antibodyMGC126648 antibody
Anti-Calcitonin antibody images
Anti-Calcitonin antibody (ab8553) at 1/25 dilution + Human thyroid lysate.
Predicted band size : 15 kDa
Observed band size : 14 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-Calcitonin antibody (ab8553)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yerbury JJ et al. alpha2-Macroglobulin and haptoglobin suppress amyloid formation by interacting with prefibrillar protein species. J Biol Chem 284:4246-54 (2009). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19074141) »