Calcium Quantification Assay kit (Fluorometric) (ab112115)
- Product nameCalcium Quantification Assay kit (Fluorometric)See all Calcium kits ...
- Tests1 x 200 test
- Sample typeCell culture extracts
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Assay time0h 30m
- Product overview
ab112115 provides a simple method for detecting calcium in physiology solutions by using our proprietary Rhod Red Indicator probe. The fluorescence signal can be easily read by a fluorescence microplate reader at Ex/Em = 540/590 nm. The kit can be performed in a convenient 96-well or 384-well microtiter-plate format and easily adapted to automation without a separation step. The assay can be completed within 30 minutes. With ab112115, we have detected as little as 0.03 mM calcium. The kit has a broad dynamic range (30 µM to 10 mM).
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
This product is intended to be used in vitro with solution-based samples such as cell extracts. If you would like to detect calcium in vivo using live cells, please check our Fluo-8, Rhod-4 or Fura-2 based assays.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 200 tests 300 mM Calcium Standard 1 x 0.5ml Assay Buffer 1 x 10ml Rhod Red Indicator 2 vials
- RelevanceCalcium is essential for all living organisms, where Ca2+ sequestration and release into and out of the cytoplasm functions as a signal for many cellular processes. 99% of calcium is found in bones and teeth with the remaining 1% found in the blood and soft tissue. Serum calcium levels are tightly controlled (8.4-11.4 mg/dL) and any variation outside this range can have serious effects. Calcium plays a role in mediating the constriction and relaxation of blood vessels, nerve impulse transmission, muscle contraction, and hormone secretion. Calcium ion channels control the migration of calcium ions across cell membranes, permitting the activation and inhibition of a wide variety of enzymes. Causes of low calcium levels include chronic kidney failure, vitamin D deficiency, and low blood magnesium levels that can occur in severe alcoholism.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab112115 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Calcium Quantification Assay kit (Fluorometric) images
Calcium dose response was measured on a 96-well black plate with ab112115. As low as 0.03 mM calcium can be detected with 5 minutes incubation time (n=3).
References for Calcium Quantification Assay kit (Fluorometric) (ab112115)
ab112115 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.