Anti-Calpain 1 antibody (ab28258)
- Product nameAnti-Calpain 1 antibodySee all Calpain 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Calpain 1
- Specificityab28258 recognizes Domain I of the large subunit of Calpain 1. The antibody does not recognize amino-processed Calpain 1, and can be used to discriminate between latent and amino-processed forms. Also ab28258 does not recognize the other calpain family members (M calpain, calpain 94, ncl 2, ncl 3, etc.).
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide based on Domain I of the large subunit of human calpain 1. (Peptide available as ab41299.)
- Epitopeab28258 reacts with the propeptide domain, (Domain I) of Calpain 1, immediately aminoterminal from the activation cleavage site.
- Positive controlCalpain 1
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody has been peptide-affinity purified.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28258 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 82 kDa.Can be blocked with Calpain 1 peptide (Domain I) (ab41299). 1/1000, when using colorimetric substrates such as BCIP/NBT - 1/5000, when using chemiluminescent substrates. But note that when used against the reduced protein, ab28258 identifies bands at 80 kDa, 68 kDa, and a series of further cleaved forms. Dilution optimised using Chromogenic detection.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/250. (see Abreview).|
- FunctionCalcium-regulated non-lysosomal thiol-protease which catalyze limited proteolysis of substrates involved in cytoskeletal remodeling and signal transduction.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C2 family.
Contains 1 calpain catalytic domain.
Contains 4 EF-hand domains.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Translocates to the plasma membrane upon Ca(2+) binding.
- Ca2 activated neutral protease antibodyCalcium activated neutral proteinase 1 antibodyCalcium activated neutral proteinase antibody
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase small subunit antibodyCalcium dependent protease small subunit 1 antibodyCalcium dependent protease small subunit antibodyCalcium-activated neutral proteinase 1 antibodyCalpain 1 (mu/I) large subunit antibodyCalpain 1 antibodyCalpain 1 catalytic subunit antibodyCalpain 1 large subunit antibodyCalpain Large Polypeptide L1 antibodyCalpain Large Polypeptide L1 antibodyCalpain mu type antibodyCalpain mu-type antibodyCalpain regulatory subunit antibodyCalpain small subunit 1 antibodyCalpain-1 catalytic subunit antibodyCalpain-1 large subunit antibodyCalpain1 antibodyCAN1_HUMAN antibodyCANP 1 antibodyCANP antibodyCANP small subunit antibodyCANPL 1 antibodyCANPL1 antibodyCANPL1 antibodyCAPN 1 antibodyCAPN1 antibodyCell proliferation inducing protein 30 antibodyCell proliferation-inducing gene 30 protein antibodyMicromolar Calpain antibodyMicromolar-calpain antibodyMu Calpain antibodymuCANP antibodymuCL antibody
Anti-Calpain 1 antibody images
Anti-Calpain 1 antibody (ab28258) at 1/1000 dilution + Calpain 1 at 10 µg
Predicted band size : 82 kDa
Observed band size : 80 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab28258 staining human HUVEC cells by ICC/IF. Cells were PFA fixed and permeablized in 0.5% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 1% serum for 16 hours at 4°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 and incubated with the sample for 2 hours at 25°C. A FITC conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody, diluted 1/100, was used as the secondary.
ab28258 detecting Calpain 1 - Domain I in Human platelets by Flow Cytometry. Platelets were isolated by spinning Platelet rich plasma on Histopaque. Cells were fixed in PFA and permeabilized in 0.1% Triton-X100 in 2% BSA for 30 minutes. The primary antibody was diluted 1/250 in 2% BSA in PBS and incubated with the sample for 18 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Chicken anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) antibody, diluted 1/500 was used as the secondary antibody.
Abbreviations in the figure:
US Unstained, Red Peak;
IgG Rb: IgG Rabbit (Isotype Control), Blue Peak;
Calpain: Green Peak.
References for Anti-Calpain 1 antibody (ab28258)
This product has been referenced in:
- Thapa A et al. Endoplasmic reticulum stress-associated cone photoreceptor degeneration in cyclic nucleotide-gated channel deficiency. J Biol Chem : (2012). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22493484) »
- Kang H et al. Fluid Shear Stress and Sphingosine 1-Phosphate Activate Calpain to Promote Membrane Type 1 Matrix Metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) Membrane Translocation and Endothelial Invasion into Three-dimensional Collagen Matrices. J Biol Chem 286:42017-26 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22002053) »