Caspase 2 Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab39794)
- Product nameCaspase 2 Assay Kit (Fluorometric)See all Caspase 2 kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeTissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Assay time2h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's Caspase 2 Assay Kit (Fluorometric) provides a simple and convenient means for assaying the activity of caspases that recognize the sequence VDVAD. The assay is based on detection of cleavage of substrate VDVAD-AFC (AFC: 7-amino-4-trifluoromethyl coumarin). VDVAD-AFC emits blue light (?max = 400 nm); upon cleavage of the substrate by caspase 2 or related caspases, free AFC emits a yellow-green fluorescence (?max = 505 nm), which can be quantified using a fluorometer or a fluorescence microtiter plate reader.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Activation of ICE-family proteases/caspases initiates apoptosis in mammalian cells.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 2X Reaction Buffer 4 x 2ml Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 100ml DTT 1 x 400µl VDVAD-AFC 1 x 500µl
- Apoptosis related cysteine peptidaseCASP 2Casp 2L Pro
- CASP2Caspase 2 apoptosis related cysteine proteaseCaspase2Developmentally down regulated 2ICH 1ICH 1 proteaseICH 1LICH 1L/1SICH1ICH1 proteaseICH1LICH1L/1SNEDD 2NEDD2NEDD2 apoptosis regulatory geneNeural precursor cell expressedNeural precursor cell expressed developmentally down regulated 2
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39794 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Caspase 2 Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab39794)
ab39794 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.