Caspase 2 Inhibitor Drug Detection Kit (ab102490)
- Product nameCaspase 2 Inhibitor Drug Detection KitSee all Caspase 2 kits ...
- Detection methodFluorescent
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Assay time1h 30m
- Product overview
Abcam's Caspase 2 Inhibitor Drug Detection Kit provides an effective means for screening caspase inhibitors using fluorometric methods. The assay utilizes synthetic peptide substrate VDVAD-AFC (AFC, 7-amino-4-trifluoromethyl coumarin). Active caspase 2 cleaves the synthetic substrate to release free AFC which can then be quantified by fluorometry. Compounds to be screened can directly be added to the reaction and the level of inhibition of caspase 2 activity can be determined by comparison of the fluorescence intensity in samples with and without the testing inhibitors.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Caspases have been shown to play a crucial role in apoptosis induced by various deleterious and physiologic stimuli. Inhibition of caspases can delay apoptosis, implicating a potential role in drug screening efforts.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests 2X Reaction Buffer 1 x 10ml Active Caspase-2 1 x 100 units Caspase Inhibitor, Z-VAD-FMK 1 x 10µl Caspase Substrate VDVAD-AFC 1 x 0.5ml DTT Green 1 x 100µl
- RelevanceCaspase 2 has a positive and a negative role in the regulation of the apoptotic process. Overexpression of the full length Caspase 2 (Nedd2/Ich1 ) mRNA in some cell types results in apoptosis, whereas overexpression of an alternative Caspase 2 splice variant suppresses apoptosis induced by serum withdrawal. Caspase 2 may be activated in vitro by Caspase 1, Caspase 3 and the neutral serine protease granzyme B which is stored in the specialized lytic granules of cytotoxic lymphocytes.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- ICH 1L
- ICH1 protease
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102490 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Caspase 2 Inhibitor Drug Detection Kit images
Caspase activity (RFU) in presence of 0µM - 40µM of z-VAD-FMK (generic caspase inhibitor), assessed using VDVAD-AFC as caspase 2 substrate and following Caspase 2 Inhibitor Drug Detection Kit (ab102490) protocol. Lanes:
1.- Background Control: no Caspase 2, no z-VMAD-FMK
2.- Positive Inhibition Control: no Caspase 2, +z-VAD-FMK
3.- Positive Control: + Caspase 2, no z-VAD-FMK
4.- Caspase 2 + 2.5µM z-VAD-FMK
5.- Caspase 2 + 10µM z-VAD-FMK
6.- Caspase 2 + 40µM z-VAD-FMK
References for Caspase 2 Inhibitor Drug Detection Kit (ab102490)
ab102490 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.