Caspase 4 Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab65658)
- Product nameCaspase 4 Assay Kit (Fluorometric)See all Caspase 4 kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeTissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Assay time2h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's Caspase 4 Assay Kit (Fluorometric) provides a simple and convenient means for assaying the activity of caspases that recognize the sequence LEVD. The assay is based on detection of cleavage of substrate LEVD-AFC (AFC: 7-amino-4-trifluoromethyl coumarin). LEVD-AFC emits blue light (λmax = 400 nm); upon cleavage of the substrate by caspase 4 or related caspases, free AFC emits a yellow-green fluorescence (λmax = 505 nm), which can be quantified using a fluorometer or a fluorecence microtiter plate reader.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Activation of ICE-family proteases/caspases initiates apoptosis in mammalian cells.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests 2X Reaction Buffer 4 x 2ml Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 100ml DTT Green 1 x 400µl LEVD-AFC (1mM) 1 x 500µl
- Research Areas
- RelevanceCaspase 4 is a member of the cysteine-aspartic acid protease (caspase) family. It is involved in the activation cascade of caspases responsible for apoptosis execution. Caspases exist as inactive proenzymes. Activation of caspases requires proteolytic processing at conserved internal aspartic residues to generate a heterodimeric enzyme consisting of large and small subunits. Caspase 4 is able to cleave and activate its own precursor protein, as well as the caspase 1 precursor. Caspase 4 mRNA is found in most tissues examined with the exception of the brain. Highest expression is found in spleen and lung, with moderate expression in heart and liver. Low expression is observed with skeletal muscle, kidney, and testis.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Mitochondrial
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65658 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Caspase 4 Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab65658)
ab65658 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.