Caspase 5 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65661)
- Product nameCaspase 5 Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all Caspase 5 kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeTissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Assay time2h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's Caspase 5 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) provides a simple and convenient means for assaying the activity of caspases that recognize the sequence WEHD. The assay is based on spectrophotometric detection of the chromophore p-nitroanilide (p-NA) after cleavage from the labeled substrate WEHD-p-NA. The p-NA light emission can be quantified using a spectrophotometer or a microtiter plate reader at 400- or 405 nm.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Activation of ICE-family proteases/caspases initiates apoptosis in mammalian cells.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests 2X Reaction Buffer 4 x 2ml Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 100ml Dilution Buffer 1 x 100ml DTT Green 1 x 400µl WEHD-pNA (4mM) 1 x 500µl
- Research Areas
- RelevanceCaspase 5 belongs to the Ced3/ICE family of cysteine proteases. Caspase 5 exists as an inactive proenzyme which undergoes proteolytic processing at conserved aspartic residues, leading to p20 and p10 subunits that dimerize to form the active enzyme. Sequential activation of caspases plays a central role in the execution-phase of cell apoptosis.
- CASP 5
- Caspase 5 apoptosis related cysteine peptidase
- ICE(rel) III
- ICEREL III
- ICH 3
- ICH 3 protease
- TY protease
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65661 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Caspase 5 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65661)
ab65661 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.