Caspase 5 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65661)
- Product nameCaspase 5 Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all Caspase 5 kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeTissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Assay time2h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's Caspase 5 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) provides a simple and convenient means for assaying the activity of caspases that recognize the sequence WEHD. The assay is based on spectrophotometric detection of the chromophore p-nitroanilide (p-NA) after cleavage from the labeled substrate WEHD-p-NA. The p-NA light emission can be quantified using a spectrophotometer or a microtiter plate reader at 400- or 405 nm.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Activation of ICE-family proteases/caspases initiates apoptosis in mammalian cells.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 2X Reaction Buffer 4 x 2ml Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 100ml Dilution Buffer 1 x 100ml DTT 1 x 400µl WEHD-pNA (4mM) 1 x 500µl
- Research Areas
- CASP 5CASP5Caspase 5 apoptosis related cysteine peptidase
- Caspase5ICE(rel) IIIICE(rel)IIIICEREL IIIICERELIIIICH 3ICH 3 proteaseICH3MGC141966TY protease
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65661 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Caspase 5 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65661)
ab65661 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.