Caspase 8 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab39700)
- Product nameCaspase 8 Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all Caspase 8 kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeTissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Assay time2h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's Caspase 8 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) provides a simple and convenient means for assaying the activity of caspases that recognize the sequence IETD. The assay is based on spectrophotometric detection of the chromophore p-nitroanilide (p-NA) after cleavage from the labeled substrate IETD-p-NA. The p-NA light emission can be quantified using a spectrophotometer or a microtiter plate reader at 400 or 405 nm. Comparison of the absorbance of p-NA from a treated sample with an untreated control allows determination of the fold increase in Caspase 1 activity.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Activation of ICE-family proteases/caspases initiates apoptosis in mammalian cells.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 2X Reaction Buffer 4 x 2ml Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 100ml Dilution Buffer 1 x 100ml DTT 1 x 400µl IETD-pNA 1 x 500µl
- Apoptosis related cysteine peptidaseApoptotic cysteine proteaseApoptotic protease Mch 5
- CAP 4CAP4CASP 8CASP8Caspase 8Caspase8CED 3FADD homologous ICE/CED 3 like proteaseFADD Homologous ICE/CED3 Like ProteaseFADD Like ICEFLICEICE like apoptotic protease 5MACHMACH5MCH 5MCH5MGC78473MORT1 associated CED 3 homologMORT1 associated CED3 homolog
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39700 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Caspase 8 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab39700)
ab39700 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.