Caspase 8 Inhibitor Drug Detection Kit (ab102496)
- Product nameCaspase 8 Inhibitor Drug Detection KitSee all Caspase 8 kits ...
- Detection methodFluorescent
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Assay time1h 30m
- Product overview
Abcam's Caspase 8 Inhibitor Drug Detection Kit provides an effective means for screening caspase inhibitors using fluorometric methods. The assay utilizes synthetic peptide substrate IETD-AFC (AFC, 7-amino-4-trifluoromethyl coumarin). Active caspase 8 cleaves the synthetic substrate to release free AFC which can then be quantified by fluorometry. Compounds to be screened can directly be added to the reaction and the level of inhibition of caspase 8 activity can be determined by comparison of the fluorescence intensity in samples with and without the testing inhibitors.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Caspases have been shown to play a crucial role in apoptosis induced by various deleterious and physiologic stimuli. Inhibition of caspases can delay apoptosis, implicating a potential role in drug screening efforts.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests Active Caspase 8 1 x 100 units Caspase Inhibitor, Z-VAD-FMK 1 x 10µl Caspase Substrate IETD-AFC 1 x 0.5ml DTT 1 x 100µl Reaction buffer 1 x 10ml
- RelevanceCaspases are cysteine proteases, expressed as inactive precursors, that mediate apoptosis by proteolysis of specific substrates. Caspases have the ability to cleave after aspartic acid residues. There are two classes of caspases involved in apoptosis; initiators (activation by receptor cluster) and effectors (activation by mitochondrial permeability transition). Proapoptotic signals autocatalytically activate initiator caspases, such as Caspase 8 and Caspase 9. Activated initiator caspases then process effector caspases, such as Caspase 3 and Caspase 7, which in turn cause cell collapse.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- Apoptotic cysteine protease
- Caspase 8
- CED 3
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102496 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Caspase 8 Inhibitor Drug Detection Kit images
Caspase activity (RFU) in presence of 0µM - 40µM of z-VAD-FMK (generic caspase inhibitor), assessed using IETD-AFC as caspase 8 substrate and following Caspase 8 Inhibitor Drug Detection Kit (ab102496) protocol. Lanes:
1.- Background Control: no Caspase 8, no z-VMAD-FMK
2.- Positive Inhibition Control: no Caspase 8, +z-VAD-FMK
3.- Positive Control: + Caspase 8, no z-VAD-FMK
4.- Caspase 8 + 2.5µM z-VAD-FMK
5.- Caspase 8 + 10µM z-VAD-FMK
6.- Caspase 8 + 40µM z-VAD-FMK
References for Caspase 8 Inhibitor Drug Detection Kit (ab102496)
ab102496 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.