Anti-Caspase-8 antibody [E7] (ab32397)
- Product nameAnti-Caspase-8 antibody [E7]See all Caspase-8 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E7] to Caspase-8
- SpecificityThe antibody should recognize both pro-form (55kDa) and p18 cleaved-form of Caspase-8.
- Tested applicationsWB, Flow Cyt, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
A synthetic peptide corresponding to N-terminal residues of human Caspase-8 subunit p18 was used as immunogen.
- Positive control
- Hela cell lysate
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberE7
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32397 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/20.|
- FunctionMost upstream protease of the activation cascade of caspases responsible for the TNFRSF6/FAS mediated and TNFRSF1A induced cell death. Binding to the adapter molecule FADD recruits it to either receptor. The resulting aggregate called death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) performs CASP8 proteolytic activation. The active dimeric enzyme is then liberated from the DISC and free to activate downstream apoptotic proteases. Proteolytic fragments of the N-terminal propeptide (termed CAP3, CAP5 and CAP6) are likely retained in the DISC. Cleaves and activates CASP3, CASP4, CASP6, CASP7, CASP9 and CASP10. May participate in the GZMB apoptotic pathways. Cleaves ADPRT. Hydrolyzes the small-molecule substrate, Ac-Asp-Glu-Val-Asp-
-AMC. Likely target for the cowpox virus CRMA death inhibitory protein. Isoform 5, isoform 6, isoform 7 and isoform 8 lack the catalytic site and may interfere with the pro-apoptotic activity of the complex.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1, isoform 5 and isoform 7 are expressed in a wide variety of tissues. Highest expression in peripheral blood leukocytes, spleen, thymus and liver. Barely detectable in brain, testis and skeletal muscle.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CASP8 are the cause of caspase-8 deficiency (CASP8D) [MIM:607271]. CASP8D is a disorder resembling autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome (ALPS). It is characterized by lymphadenopathy, splenomegaly, and defective CD95-induced apoptosis of peripheral blood lymphocytes (PBLs). It leads to defects in activation of T-lymphocytes, B-lymphocytes, and natural killer cells leading to immunodeficiency characterized by recurrent sinopulmonary and herpes simplex virus infections and poor responses to immunization.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
Contains 2 DED (death effector) domains.
- DomainIsoform 9 contains a N-terminal extension that is required for interaction with the BCAP31 complex.
modificationsGeneration of the subunits requires association with the death-inducing signaling complex (DISC), whereas additional processing is likely due to the autocatalytic activity of the activated protease. GZMB and CASP10 can be involved in these processing events.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
- ALPS2B antibody
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis 2 chromosomal region candidate gene 12 protein antibody
- Apoptosis related cysteine peptidase antibody
- Apoptotic cysteine protease antibody
- Apoptotic protease Mch 5 antibody
- Apoptotic protease Mch-5 antibody
- Apoptotic protease Mch5 antibody
- CAP 4 antibody
- CAP4 antibody
- CASP 8 antibody
- CASP-8 antibody
- CASP8 antibody
- CASP8_HUMAN antibody
- Caspase 8 antibody
- Caspase 8 apoptosis related cysteine peptidase antibody
- Caspase-8 subunit p10 antibody
- Caspase8 antibody
- CED 3 antibody
- FADD homologous ICE/CED 3 like protease antibody
- FADD Homologous ICE/CED3 Like Protease antibody
- FADD Like ICE antibody
- FADD-homologous ICE/CED-3-like protease antibody
- FADD-like ICE antibody
- FLICE antibody
- FLJ17672 antibody
- ICE like apoptotic protease 5 antibody
- ICE-like apoptotic protease 5 antibody
- MACH alpha 1/2/3 protein antibody
- MACH antibody
- MACH beta 1/2/3/4 protein antibody
- MCH 5 antibody
- MCH5 antibody
- MGC78473 antibody
- MORT1 associated CED 3 homolog antibody
- MORT1 associated CED3 homolog antibody
- MORT1-associated CED-3 homolog antibody
- OTTHUMP00000163717 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000163720 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000163724 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000163725 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000165062 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000165063 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000165064 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000206552 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000206582 antibody
Anti-Caspase-8 antibody [E7] images
Anti-Caspase-8 antibody [E7] (ab32397) at 1/500 dilution + 10ug HeLa cell lysate.
Predicted band size : 55 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa
References for Anti-Caspase-8 antibody [E7] (ab32397)
This product has been referenced in:
- Altonsy MO et al. Differential induction of apoptosis in human colonic carcinoma cells (Caco-2) by Atopobium, and commensal, probiotic and enteropathogenic bacteria: mediation by the mitochondrial pathway. Int J Food Microbiol 137:190-203 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20036023) »
- Kaneko M et al. Prolonged low-dose administration of the cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor celecoxib enhances the antitumor activity of irinotecan against neuroblastoma xenografts. Cancer Sci 100:2193-201 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19673886) »