Anti-Caspase 8 antibody, prediluted (ab15552)
- Product nameAnti-Caspase 8 antibody, predilutedSee all Caspase 8 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Caspase 8, prediluted
- SpecificityThis antibody detects both full length Caspase 8 and the processed forms(42/44kDa,25kDa and 14kDa).
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Pig
Recombinant full length human caspase 8 protein.
- Positive controlJurkat cells or Stomach
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15552 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. See Abreview.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionMost upstream protease of the activation cascade of caspases responsible for the TNFRSF6/FAS mediated and TNFRSF1A induced cell death. Binding to the adapter molecule FADD recruits it to either receptor. The resulting aggregate called death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) performs CASP8 proteolytic activation. The active dimeric enzyme is then liberated from the DISC and free to activate downstream apoptotic proteases. Proteolytic fragments of the N-terminal propeptide (termed CAP3, CAP5 and CAP6) are likely retained in the DISC. Cleaves and activates CASP3, CASP4, CASP6, CASP7, CASP9 and CASP10. May participate in the GZMB apoptotic pathways. Cleaves ADPRT. Hydrolyzes the small-molecule substrate, Ac-Asp-Glu-Val-Asp-
-AMC. Likely target for the cowpox virus CRMA death inhibitory protein. Isoform 5, isoform 6, isoform 7 and isoform 8 lack the catalytic site and may interfere with the pro-apoptotic activity of the complex.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1, isoform 5 and isoform 7 are expressed in a wide variety of tissues. Highest expression in peripheral blood leukocytes, spleen, thymus and liver. Barely detectable in brain, testis and skeletal muscle.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CASP8 are the cause of caspase-8 deficiency (CASP8D) [MIM:607271]. CASP8D is a disorder resembling autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome (ALPS). It is characterized by lymphadenopathy, splenomegaly, and defective CD95-induced apoptosis of peripheral blood lymphocytes (PBLs). It leads to defects in activation of T-lymphocytes, B-lymphocytes, and natural killer cells leading to immunodeficiency characterized by recurrent sinopulmonary and herpes simplex virus infections and poor responses to immunization.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
Contains 2 DED (death effector) domains.
- DomainIsoform 9 contains a N-terminal extension that is required for interaction with the BCAP31 complex.
modificationsGeneration of the subunits requires association with the death-inducing signaling complex (DISC), whereas additional processing is likely due to the autocatalytic activity of the activated protease. GZMB and CASP10 can be involved in these processing events.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
- ALPS2B antibodyAmyotrophic lateral sclerosis 2 chromosomal region candidate gene 12 protein antibodyApoptosis related cysteine peptidase antibody
- Apoptotic cysteine protease antibodyApoptotic protease Mch 5 antibodyApoptotic protease Mch-5 antibodyApoptotic protease Mch5 antibodyCAP 4 antibodyCAP4 antibodyCASP 8 antibodyCASP-8 antibodyCASP8 antibodyCASP8_HUMAN antibodyCaspase 8 antibodyCaspase 8 apoptosis related cysteine peptidase antibodyCaspase-8 subunit p10 antibodyCaspase8 antibodyCED 3 antibodyFADD homologous ICE/CED 3 like protease antibodyFADD Homologous ICE/CED3 Like Protease antibodyFADD Like ICE antibodyFADD-homologous ICE/CED-3-like protease antibodyFADD-like ICE antibodyFLICE antibodyFLJ17672 antibodyICE like apoptotic protease 5 antibodyICE-like apoptotic protease 5 antibodyMACH alpha 1/2/3 protein antibodyMACH antibodyMACH beta 1/2/3/4 protein antibodyMCH 5 antibodyMCH5 antibodyMGC78473 antibodyMORT1 associated CED 3 homolog antibodyMORT1 associated CED3 homolog antibodyMORT1-associated CED-3 homolog antibodyOTTHUMP00000163717 antibodyOTTHUMP00000163720 antibodyOTTHUMP00000163724 antibodyOTTHUMP00000163725 antibodyOTTHUMP00000165062 antibodyOTTHUMP00000165063 antibodyOTTHUMP00000165064 antibodyOTTHUMP00000206552 antibodyOTTHUMP00000206582 antibody
Anti-Caspase 8 antibody, prediluted images
Human stomach stained with anti-caspase 8. For antigen retrieval, boil tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0 for 10 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min.
References for Anti-Caspase 8 antibody, prediluted (ab15552)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hilbe M et al. Apoptosis in Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus (BVDV)-Induced Mucosal Disease Lesions: A Histological, Immunohistological, and Virological Investigation. Vet Pathol : (2012). IHC-P ; Cow . Read more (PubMed: 22700847) »
- Ban K & Kozar RA Glutamine protects against apoptosis via down-regulation of Sp3 in intestinal epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol : (2010). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 20884886) »