Caspase 9 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65608)
- Product nameCaspase 9 Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all Caspase 9 kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeTissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Assay time2h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's Caspase 9 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) provides a simple and convenient means for assaying the activity of caspases that recognize the sequence LEHD. The assay is based on spectrophotometric detection of the chromophore p-nitroanilide (p-NA) after cleavage from the labeled substrate LEHD-p-NA. The p-NA light emission can be quantified using a spectrophotometer or a microtiter plate reader at 400- or 405 nm.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Activation of ICE-family proteases/caspases initiates apoptosis in mammalian cells.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests 2X Reaction Buffer 4 x 2ml Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 100ml Dilution Buffer 1 x 100ml DTT Green 1 x 400µl LEHD-pNA (4mM) 1 x 500µl
- Research Areas
- RelevanceCaspases are cysteine proteases, expressed as inactive precursors, that mediate apoptosis by proteolysis of specific substrates. Caspases have the ability to cleave after aspartic acid residues. There are two classes of caspases involved in apoptosis; initiators (activation by receptor cluster) and effectors (activation by mitochondrial permeability transition). Proapoptotic signals autocatalytically activate initiator caspases, such as Caspase 8 and Caspase 9. Activated initiator caspases then process effector caspases, such as Caspase 3 and Caspase 7, which in turn cause cell collapse. Caspase 9 (also known as ICE like apoptotic protease 6 (ICE LAP6), apoptotic protease Mch6, and apoptotic protease activating factor 3 (Apaf3)) is a member of the peptidase family C14 that contains a CARD domain. It is active as a heterotetramer and has been reported to have two isoforms. ProCaspase 9 is approximately 47 kD. It is present in the cytosol and, upon activation, translocates to the mitochondria. Caspase 9 is involved in the caspase activation cascade responsible for apoptosis execution and cleaves/activates Caspase 3 and Caspase 6. It becomes activated when recruited to the Apaf1/cytochrome c complex.
- Caspase 9
- ICE LAP6
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65608 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Caspase 9 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65608)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ellermeier J et al. Therapeutic efficacy of bifunctional siRNA combining TGF-ß1 silencing with RIG-I activation in pancreatic cancer. Cancer Res 73:1709-20 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23338611) »