Anti-Caspase 9 antibody [D10CG8] (ab133981)
- Product nameAnti-Caspase 9 antibody [D10CG8]See all Caspase 9 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [D10CG8] to Caspase 9
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: CEDESPGSNPEPD, corresponding to amino acids 304-315 of Human Caspase 9 (UniProt ID: P55211).
- Positive controlHuman recombinant active Caspase 9 protein; RIPA extract of HeLa cells treated for 4 hours with 1 µM Staurosporine
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% HBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
- Purification notesNear homogeneity, as judged by SDS-PAGE. ab133981 was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation.
- Primary antibody notes The ab133981 target is the carboxy terminal end of the larger subunit of Caspase 9 (AA? – AA315) that can exist as a 35 kDa Caspase 9 fragment (p35, AA1-AA315) or as a smaller further cleaved fragment of 17-25 kDa (AA?-AA315).
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberD10CG8
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133981 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa.|
- FunctionInvolved in the activation cascade of caspases responsible for apoptosis execution. Binding of caspase-9 to Apaf-1 leads to activation of the protease which then cleaves and activates caspase-3. Proteolytically cleaves poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP).
Isoform 2 lacks activity is an dominant-negative inhibitor of caspase-9.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous, with highest expression in the heart, moderate expression in liver, skeletal muscle, and pancreas. Low levels in all other tissues. Within the heart, specifically expressed in myocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
Contains 1 CARD domain.
- Developmental stageExpressed at low levels in fetal heart, at moderate levels in neonate heart, and at high levels in adult heart.
modificationsCleavages at Asp-315 by granzyme B and at Asp-330 by caspase-3 generate the two active subunits. Caspase-8 and -10 can also be involved in these processing events.
- APAF-3 antibodyAPAF3 antibodyApoptosis related cysteine peptidase antibody
- Apoptotic protease Mch-6 antibodyApoptotic protease-activating factor 3 antibodyCASP-9 antibodyCASP9 antibodyCASP9_HUMAN antibodyCaspase 9 apoptosis related cysteine peptidase antibodyCaspase 9 Dominant Negative antibodyCaspase 9c antibodyCaspase-9 antibodyCaspase-9 subunit p10 antibodyICE LAP6 antibodyICE like apoptotic protease 6 antibodyICE-LAP6 antibodyICE-like apoptotic protease 6 antibodyMCH6 antibodyRNCASP9 antibody
Anti-Caspase 9 antibody [D10CG8] images
All lanes : Anti-Caspase 9 antibody [D10CG8] (ab133981) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human recombinant active Caspase 9 protein at 0.02 µg
Lane 2 : RIPA extract of HeLa cells treated with vehicle (DMSO) at 40 µg
Lane 3 : RIPA extract of HeLa cells treated with 1 uM staurosporine at 40 µg
Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG – H&L – Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 35 kDa
Observed band size : 20,23,37 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 55 kDa (possible cross reactivity).
Exposure time : 30 seconds
Predicted band size : 35 kDa
References for Anti-Caspase 9 antibody [D10CG8] (ab133981)
ab133981 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.