Anti-Catalase antibody [12C2DB9 ] - Peroxisome Marker (ab110292)
- Product nameAnti-Catalase antibody [12C2DB9 ] - Peroxisome MarkerSee all Catalase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [12C2DB9 ] to Catalase - Peroxisome Marker
- Tested applicationsICC, IP, Flow Cyt, In-Cell ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Cow, Human
Rat liver mitochondria
- Positive controlHeLa cells, HepG2 cells, HL60 cells, Cow heart, Rat liver
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
- Purification notesPurity near homogeneity as judge by SDS-PAGE. The antibody was produced in-vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium and then purified by biochemical fractionation.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number12C2DB9
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110292 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||ICC: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|In-Cell ELISA||In-Cell ELISA: Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml.|
- FunctionOccurs in almost all aerobically respiring organisms and serves to protect cells from the toxic effects of hydrogen peroxide. Promotes growth of cells including T-cells, B-cells, myeloid leukemia cells, melanoma cells, mastocytoma cells and normal and transformed fibroblast cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CAT are the cause of acatalasia (ACATLAS) [MIM:115500]; also known as acatalasemia. This disease is characterized by absence of catalase activity in red cells and is often associated with ulcerating oral lesions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the catalase family.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
- Cellular localizationPeroxisome.
- Cas1 antibodyCAT antibodyCATA_HUMAN antibody
- Catalase antibodyCs1 antibodyMGC138422 antibodyMGC138424 antibody
Anti-Catalase antibody [12C2DB9 ] - Peroxisome Marker images
Immunocytochemical staining of Human HeLa cells. The cells were paraformaldehyde fixed (4%, 20 minutes) and Triton X-100 permeabilized (0.1%, 15 minutes). The cells were incubated with the ab110292 (5 µg/ml) for 2 hours at room temperature or over night at 4°C. The secondary antibody, Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (green), was used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1 hour. 10% Goat serum was used as the blocking agent for all blocking steps. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). The target protein locates mainly in peroxisomes.
Immunoprecipitation of Catalase using ab110292 from:
Lane 1: HepG2 cells
Lane 2: Cow heart sample
Lane 3: Rat liver sample
Predicted band size is 60 kDa.
Flow cytometric analysis of HL-60 cells using ab110292 at 1 µg/mL, (blue) or an isotype control (red).
References for Anti-Catalase antibody [12C2DB9 ] - Peroxisome Marker (ab110292)
ab110292 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.