Anti-Catalase antibody (ab88067)
- Product nameAnti-Catalase antibodySee all Catalase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to Catalase
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to amino acids 1-101 of Human Catalase with a 26 kDa tag
- Positive controlHepG2 cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 1X PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab88067 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionOccurs in almost all aerobically respiring organisms and serves to protect cells from the toxic effects of hydrogen peroxide. Promotes growth of cells including T-cells, B-cells, myeloid leukemia cells, melanoma cells, mastocytoma cells and normal and transformed fibroblast cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CAT are the cause of acatalasia (ACATLAS) [MIM:115500]; also known as acatalasemia. This disease is characterized by absence of catalase activity in red cells and is often associated with ulcerating oral lesions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the catalase family.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
- Cellular localizationPeroxisome.
- Cas1 antibodyCAT antibodyCATA_HUMAN antibody
- Catalase antibodyCs1 antibodyMGC138422 antibodyMGC138424 antibody
Anti-Catalase antibody images
Anti-Catalase antibody (ab88067) at 1 µg/ml + immunogen (recombinant fragment) at 0.2 µg
Goat anti-mouse IgG at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size : 60 kDa
Anti-Catalase antibody (ab88067) at 1 µg/ml + HepG2 cell lysate at 50 µg
Goat anti mouse IgG at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size : 60 kDa
Observed band size : 60 kDa
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab88067 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab88067, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line). Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
References for Anti-Catalase antibody (ab88067)
ab88067 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.