Anti-Cathepsin B antibody (ab92955)
- Product nameAnti-Cathepsin B antibodySee all Cathepsin B primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cathepsin B
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Orangutan
Synthetic peptide derived from within residues 200 - 300 of Human Cathepsin B.
Synthetic peptide of Human Cathepsin B.
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: Human Liver Tissue; Human Kidney Tissue; Human Brain Tissue; Human Placenta Tissue; HepG2 Whole Cell; HEK293 Whole Cell Lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92955 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 30, 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).|
- FunctionThiol protease which is believed to participate in intracellular degradation and turnover of proteins. Has also been implicated in tumor invasion and metastasis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C1 family.
- Cellular localizationLysosome. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Amyloid precursor protein secretase antibody
- APP secretase antibody
- APPS antibody
- CATB_HUMAN antibody
- Cathepsin B heavy chain antibody
- Cathepsin B1 antibody
- CathepsinB antibody
- CPSB antibody
- CTSB antibody
- cysteine protease antibody
- OTTHUMP00000116009 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000229510 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000229511 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000229512 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000229514 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000229515 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000229516 antibody
- Preprocathepsin B antibody
Anti-Cathepsin B antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Cathepsin B antibody (ab92955) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Liver (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29889)
Lane 2 :
Kidney (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab30203)
Lane 3 :
Brain (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29466)
Lane 4 :
Placenta (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29745)
Lane 5 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 38 kDa
Observed band size : 25,30 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 30 seconds
ICC/IF image of ab92955 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab92955 at 1µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti- rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Cathepsin B antibody (ab92955)
ab92955 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.