Cathepsin D Human ELISA Kit (ab119586)
- Product nameCathepsin D Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
- Range156 pg/ml - 10000 pg/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Human Cathepsin D in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of Human Cathepsin D in cell culture supernatants, serum and plasma (heparin, EDTA).
A Cathepsin D specific mouse monoclonal antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and incubated. A biotinylated detection polyclonal antibody from goat, specific for Cathepsin D is then added followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the Human Cathepsin D amount of sample captured in plate.
Store at 4°C for frequent use, at -20°C for infrequent use. Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests ABC Diluent Buffer 1 x 12ml Antibody Diluent Buffer 1 x 12ml Anti-Human Cathepsin D antibody Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 1 x 130µl Biotinylated anti-Human Cathepsin D antibody 1 x 130µl Lyophilized recombinant Human Cathepsin D standard 2 x 10ng Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 30ml TMB Color Developing Agent 1 x 10ml TMB Stop Solution 1 x 10ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionAcid protease active in intracellular protein breakdown. Involved in the pathogenesis of several diseases such as breast cancer and possibly Alzheimer disease.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CTSD are the cause of neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis type 10 (CLN10) [MIM:610127]; also known as neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis due to cathepsin D deficiency. A form of neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis with onset at birth or early childhood. Neuronal ceroid lipofuscinoses are progressive neurodegenerative, lysosomal storage diseases characterized by intracellular accumulation of autofluorescent liposomal material, and clinically by seizures, dementia, visual loss, and/or cerebral atrophy.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase A1 family.
- Cellular localizationLysosome. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Cathepsin D heavy chain
- Ceroid lipofuscinosis neuronal 10
- Lysosomal aspartyl protease
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119586 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Cathepsin D Human ELISA Kit (ab119586)
ab119586 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.