Cathepsin G Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab126780)
- Product nameCathepsin G Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Tests1 x 100 test
- Sample typeSerum, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Range0 nmol/well - 50 nmol/well
- Assay time1h 00m
- Species reactivityReacts with: all Mammals
- Product overview
In Abcam's Cathepsin G Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric), Cathepsin G will cleave the substrate and release the dye group, p-NA (4-Nitroaniline), which can be detected at 405 nm. In presence of the Cathepsin G specific inhibitor, the cleavage will be stopped. The kit provides a rapid, simple, sensitive, and reliable test for the activity of Cathepsin G.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Cathepsin G is an enzymatic protein belonging to the peptidase or protease families. The protein is found in azurophil granules of neutrophilic polymorphonuclear leukocytes. The encoded protease has a specificity similar to that of chymotrypsin C, and may participate in the killing and digestion of engulfed pathogens, and in connective tissue remodeling at sites of inflammation.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Cathepsin G Inhibitor Blue 1 x 20µl p-NA Standard (0.1 M) Yellow 1 x 20µl Positive Control Green 1 vial Substrate Red 1 x 200µl
- Research Areas
- FunctionSerine protease with trypsin- and chymotrypsin-like specificity. Cleaves complement C3. Has antibacterial activity against the Gram-negative bacterium P.aeruginosa, antibacterial activity is inhibited by LPS from P.aeruginosa, Z-Gly-Leu-Phe-CH2Cl and phenylmethylsulfonyl fluoride.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
- Cellular localizationCell surface.
- Cathepsin G
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab126780 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Cathepsin G Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) images
p-NA Standard Curve. Performed according to assay protocol.
References for Cathepsin G Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab126780)
ab126780 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.