Anti-Caveolin-2 antibody (ab75865)
- Product nameAnti-Caveolin-2 antibodySee all Caveolin-2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Caveolin-2
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Chimpanzee, Monkey, Baboon, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human Caveolin 2.
(Peptide available as ab94548.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Human lung tissue lysate, and in the following whole cell lysates: HUVEC; WI38; A431.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75865 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: 1/250. Detects a band of approximately 18 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa).Can be blocked with Caveolin 2 peptide (ab94548).|
- FunctionMay act as a scaffolding protein within caveolar membranes. Interacts directly with G-protein alpha subunits and can functionally regulate their activity. Acts as an accessory protein in conjunction with CAV1 in targeting to lipid rafts and driving caveolae formation. The Ser-36 phosphorylated form has a role in modulating mitosis in endothelial cells. Positive regulator of cellular mitogenesis of the MAPK signaling pathway. Required for the insulin-stimulated nuclear translocation and activation of MAPK1 and STAT3, and the subsequent regulation of cell cycle progression.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, skeletal myoblasts and fibroblasts.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the caveolin family.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine and tyrosine residues. CAV1 promotes phosphorylation on Ser-23 which then targets the complex to the plasma membrane, lipid rafts and caveolae. Phosphorylation on Ser-36 appears to modulate mitosis in endothelial cells (By similarity). Phosphorylation on both Tyr-19 and Tyr-27 is required for insulin-induced 'Ser-727' phosphorylation of STAT3 and its activation. Phosphorylation on Tyr-19 is required for insulin-induced phosphorylation of MAPK1 and DNA binding of STAT3. Tyrosine phosphorylation is induced by both EGF and insulin.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Golgi apparatus membrane. Cell membrane. Membrane > caveola. Potential hairpin-like structure in the membrane. Membrane protein of caveolae. Tyr-19-phosphorylated form is enriched at sites of cell-cell contact and is translocated to the nucleus in complex with MAPK1 in response to insulin (By similarity). Tyr-27-phosphorylated form is located both in the cytoplasm and plasma membrane. CAV1-mediated Ser-23-phosphorylated form locates to the plasma membrane. Ser-36-phosphorylated form resides in intracellular compartments.
- CAV 2 antibody
- CAV antibody
- CAV2 antibody
- CAV2_HUMAN antibody
- Caveolae protein 20kD antibody
- Caveolin 2 isoform a and b antibody
- Caveolin-2 antibody
- Caveolin2 antibody
- MGC12294 antibody
Anti-Caveolin-2 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Caveolin-2 antibody (ab75865) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HUVEC (Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cell) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
WI38 (Human lung fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab3960)
Lane 3 : A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : Lung (Human) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 18 kDa
Observed band size : 18 kDa
Additional bands at : 50 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
ICC/IF image of ab75865 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal Goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab75865, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) Hek293, HepG2, and MCF-7 cells at 5µg/ml, and in 100% Methanol fixed (5 min) HeLa, and MCF-7 cells at 5µg/ml.
IHC image of Calveolin 2 staining in human cervix carcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab75865, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
References for Anti-Caveolin-2 antibody (ab75865)
ab75865 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.