Anti-Cdk1 + Cdk2 antibody [AN21.2] (ab6434)
- Product nameAnti-Cdk1 + Cdk2 antibody [AN21.2]
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AN21.2] to Cdk1 + Cdk2
- SpecificityRecognises both cdk1 and cdk2 - useful as a general cdk antibody since it reacts with both cdk1 and cdk2 and is very sensitive giving an intense signal.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- EpitopeRecognises C terminal epitope.
- Positive controlHeLa nuclear extract
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPhosphate buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberAN21.2
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6434 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 33 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceCdk2 is a member of the Ser/Thr protein kinase family. It is highly similar to the gene products of S. cerevisiae cdc28, and S. pombe cdc2. Cdk2 is closely related to cdc2 (cdk1) which has proved useful as a marker of proliferation. Cdk1 and Cdk2 are a catalytic subunits of the highly conserved protein kinase complex known as M-phase promoting factor (MPF), which is essential for G1/S and G2/M phase transitions of eukaryotic cell cycle.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Nuclear
- CDC2 antibodyCdc2 related protein kinase antibodyCDC28A antibody
- Cell division cycle 2 antibodyCyclin dependent kinase 2 antibodyp33 protein kinase antibodyp34 protein kinase antibody
Anti-Cdk1 + Cdk2 antibody [AN21.2] images
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Western blot using ab6434 at 2
Lane 1: HeLa cells
Lane 2: 293 cells
Lane 3: Xenopus egg extract
Lane 4: Xenopus cultured cells.
Cdk 1 and Cdk 2 are the two bands at the bottom of the gel (Cdk 1 is the upper of the two bands). This antibody should not be used to distinguish between Cdk1 and 2 on the same blot. This immunoblot shows that AN21 detects both Cdk 1 and Cdk 2 from Xenopus cultured cells. Xenopus Cdk 1 and 2 are easily separated by SDS-PAGE whereas the mammalian homologous are more difficult to resolve.
Julian Gannon, CRUK.
References for Anti-Cdk1 + Cdk2 antibody [AN21.2] (ab6434)
This product has been referenced in:
- Huang Y et al. ATM kinase is a master switch for the Delta Np63 alpha phosphorylation/degradation in human head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cells upon DNA damage. Cell Cycle 7:2846-55 (2008). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 18769144) »