Anti-Cdk2 antibody (ab6538)
- Product nameAnti-Cdk2 antibodySee all Cdk2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cdk2
- SpecificityNo reaction was observed against other related cyclin dependent kinases.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, ELISA, IHC-P, IP, WB, IHC-Fr, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) conjugated to KLH.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None, 0.05% Sodium Azide, 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 15mg/ml BSA, 0.25M Sodium chloride, 0.01M Sodium phosphate, pH 7.6
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Purification notesThis product was prepared from monospecific antiserum by delipidation and defibrination.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6538 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Fix cells in 4% paraformaldehyde. Permeabilize in 0.5% Triton X-100.|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/500 - 1/2000.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/200 - 1/1000.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa.|
- FunctionInvolved in the control of the cell cycle. Interacts with cyclins A, B1, B3, D, or E. Activity of CDK2 is maximal during S phase and G2.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC2/CDKX subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Cdc2 related protein kinase antibodycdc2-related protein kinase antibodyCdk 2 antibody
- CDK2 antibodyCDK2_HUMAN antibodyCell devision kinase 2 antibodyCell division kinase 2 antibodyCell division protein kinase 2 antibodyCyclin dependent kinase 2 antibodycyclin dependent kinase 2-alpha antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase 2 antibodyp33 protein kinase antibodyp33(CDK2) antibody
Anti-Cdk2 antibody images
SK-N-SH cells were fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde, permeabilized in 0.5% Triton X-100 and incubated with ab6538 (1/200). The antibody clearly stains the nucleus (red). The cells were counterstained with DAPI (blue). 100x magnification.
ab6538 staining Cdk2 in mouse liver tissue by immunohistochemistry (frozen sections). Cells were formaldehyde fixed and permeabilized in 0.2% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 2% BSA for 30 minutes at 20°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 and incubated with the sample for 9 hours at 4°C. Alexa fluor® 488 goat polyclonal to rabbit Ig, diluted 1/200, was used as the secondary.
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Observed band size : 34 kDa
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
References for Anti-Cdk2 antibody (ab6538)
This product has been referenced in:
- Gao M et al. A novel role of human holliday junction resolvase GEN1 in the maintenance of centrosome integrity. PLoS One 7:e49687 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23166748) »
- Liu H et al. Phosphorylation of MLL by ATR is required for execution of mammalian S-phase checkpoint. Nature 467:343-6 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20818375) »