Anti-Cdk2 antibody (ab7954)
- Product nameAnti-Cdk2 antibodySee all Cdk2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cdk2
- SpecificityReacts with Cdk2 unphosphorylated and phosporylated forms.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IP, WB, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) (C terminal).
- Positive controlHeLa, HL-60 and NIH / 3T3 lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.1% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7954 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/400. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).Can be blocked with Cdk 2 (C-term) peptide (human) (ab8009).|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution. See Abreview.|
- FunctionInvolved in the control of the cell cycle. Interacts with cyclins A, B1, B3, D, or E. Activity of CDK2 is maximal during S phase and G2.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC2/CDKX subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Cdc2 related protein kinase antibodycdc2-related protein kinase antibodyCdk 2 antibody
- CDK2 antibodyCDK2_HUMAN antibodyCell devision kinase 2 antibodyCell division kinase 2 antibodyCell division protein kinase 2 antibodyCyclin dependent kinase 2 antibodycyclin dependent kinase 2-alpha antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase 2 antibodyp33 protein kinase antibodyp33(CDK2) antibody
Anti-Cdk2 antibody images
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
ab7954 staining Cdk2 in HeLa whole cell lysate (lane A), HL-60 whole cell lysate (lane B) and NIH / 3T3 whole cell lysate (lane C).
Synaptonemal complexes (red) from human spermatocytes at the pachytene stage showing CDK2 foci (green) and the kinetochore region (blue).
This picture was kindly supplied as part of the review submitted by Maria Oliver-Bonet.
All lanes : Anti-Cdk2 antibody (ab7954) at 1/200 dilution
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate prepared from rat primary cortical neurons (untreated)
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate prepared from rat primary cortical neurons (treated with drug)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
HRP conjugated goat polyclonal to rabbit Ig at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under non-reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Exposure time : 2 minutes
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Dr Elena Schwartz
Cdk2 was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Hela whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to Cdk2 and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Hela whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab7954.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 34kDa: Cdk2
References for Anti-Cdk2 antibody (ab7954)
This product has been referenced in:
- Munkley J et al. Cyclin E is recruited to the nuclear matrix during differentiation, but is not recruited in cancer cells. Nucleic Acids Res 39:2671-7 (2011). WB . Read more (PubMed: 21109536) »
- Hodeify R et al. Cdk2-dependent phosphorylation of p21 regulates the role of Cdk2 in cisplatin cytotoxicity. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 300:F1171-9 (2011). IP . Read more (PubMed: 21325496) »