Anti-Cdk4 antibody [AF10A4] (ab75511)
- Product nameAnti-Cdk4 antibody [AF10A4]See all Cdk4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AF10A4] to Cdk4
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA, WB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant full length Cdk4 protein (Human) purified from E.coli.
- Positive controlRamos, SK-N-MC, MCF-7, Jurkat, PC12 and NIH3T3 cell lysates
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.01% BSA, HEPES, 150mM Sodium chloride
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberAF10A4
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75511 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: 1/200. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit polyclonal to Cdk4 (ab7955). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Capture at 1/200 dilution with Rabbit polyclonal to Cdk4 (ab7955) as Detection.|
|WB||WB: 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionSer/Thr-kinase component of cyclin D-CDK4 (DC) complexes that phosphorylate and inhibit members of the retinoblastoma (RB) protein family including RB1 and regulate the cell-cycle during G(1)/S transition. Phosphorylation of RB1 allows dissociation of the transcription factor E2F from the RB/E2F complexes and the subsequent transcription of E2F target genes which are responsible for the progression through the G(1) phase. Hypophosphorylates RB1 in early G(1) phase. Cyclin D-CDK4 complexes are major integrators of various mitogenenic and antimitogenic signals. Also phosphorylates SMAD3 in a cell-cycle-dependent manner and represses its transcriptional activity. Component of the ternary complex, cyclin D/CDK4/CDKN1B, required for nuclear translocation and activity of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CDK4 are a cause of susceptibility to cutaneous malignant melanoma type 3 (CMM3) [MIM:609048]. Malignant melanoma is a malignant neoplasm of melanocytes, arising de novo or from a pre-existing benign nevus, which occurs most often in the skin but also may involve other sites.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC2/CDKX subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Thr-172 is required for enzymatic activity. Phosphorylated, in vitro, at this site by CCNH-CDK7, but, in vivo, appears to be phosphorylated by a proline-directed kinase. In the cyclin D-CDK4-CDKN1B complex, this phosphorylation and consequent CDK4 enzyme activity, is dependent on the tyrosine phosphorylation state of CDKN1B. Thus, in proliferating cells, CDK4 within the complex is phosphorylated on Thr-172 in the T-loop. In resting cells, phosphorylation on Thr-172 is prevented by the non-tyrosine-phosphorylated form of CDKN1B.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Membrane. Cytoplasmic when non-complexed. Forms a cyclin D-CDK4 complex in the cytoplasm as cells progress through G(1) phase. The complex accumulates on the nuclear membrane and enters the nucleus on transition from G(1) to S phase. Also present in nucleoli and heterochromatin lumps. Colocalizes with RB1 after release into the nucleus.
- Cdk 4 antibodycdk4 antibodyCDK4 protein antibody
- CDK4_HUMAN antibodyCell division kinase 4 antibodyCell division protein kinase 4 antibodyCMM 3 antibodyCMM3 antibodyCrk3 antibodyCyclin dependent kinase 4 antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase 4 antibodyMelanoma cutaneous malignant 3 antibodyMGC14458 antibodyp34 cdk4 antibodyPSK J3 antibodyPSK-J3 antibody
Anti-Cdk4 antibody [AF10A4] images
All lanes : Anti-Cdk4 antibody [AF10A4] (ab75511) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Ramos cell lysate
Lane 2 : SK-N-MC cell lysate
Lane 3 : MCF7 cell lysate
Lane 4 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 5 : PC12 cell lysate
Lane 6 : NIH3T3 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Observed band size : 34 kDa
References for Anti-Cdk4 antibody [AF10A4] (ab75511)
ab75511 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.