Anti-Cdk4 antibody [DCS-31] (ab6315)
- Product nameAnti-Cdk4 antibody [DCS-31]See all Cdk4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [DCS-31] to Cdk4
- SpecificityReacts specifically with Cdk4. Does not recognise other Cdk types.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ICC, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferAscitic fluid with 15mM sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberDCS-31
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6315 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 33 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/500. For 1 hour.|
- FunctionSer/Thr-kinase component of cyclin D-CDK4 (DC) complexes that phosphorylate and inhibit members of the retinoblastoma (RB) protein family including RB1 and regulate the cell-cycle during G(1)/S transition. Phosphorylation of RB1 allows dissociation of the transcription factor E2F from the RB/E2F complexes and the subsequent transcription of E2F target genes which are responsible for the progression through the G(1) phase. Hypophosphorylates RB1 in early G(1) phase. Cyclin D-CDK4 complexes are major integrators of various mitogenenic and antimitogenic signals. Also phosphorylates SMAD3 in a cell-cycle-dependent manner and represses its transcriptional activity. Component of the ternary complex, cyclin D/CDK4/CDKN1B, required for nuclear translocation and activity of the cyclin D-CDK4 complex.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CDK4 are a cause of susceptibility to cutaneous malignant melanoma type 3 (CMM3) [MIM:609048]. Malignant melanoma is a malignant neoplasm of melanocytes, arising de novo or from a pre-existing benign nevus, which occurs most often in the skin but also may involve other sites.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC2/CDKX subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Thr-172 is required for enzymatic activity. Phosphorylated, in vitro, at this site by CCNH-CDK7, but, in vivo, appears to be phosphorylated by a proline-directed kinase. In the cyclin D-CDK4-CDKN1B complex, this phosphorylation and consequent CDK4 enzyme activity, is dependent on the tyrosine phosphorylation state of CDKN1B. Thus, in proliferating cells, CDK4 within the complex is phosphorylated on Thr-172 in the T-loop. In resting cells, phosphorylation on Thr-172 is prevented by the non-tyrosine-phosphorylated form of CDKN1B.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Membrane. Cytoplasmic when non-complexed. Forms a cyclin D-CDK4 complex in the cytoplasm as cells progress through G(1) phase. The complex accumulates on the nuclear membrane and enters the nucleus on transition from G(1) to S phase. Also present in nucleoli and heterochromatin lumps. Colocalizes with RB1 after release into the nucleus.
- Cdk 4 antibodycdk4 antibodyCDK4 protein antibody
- CDK4_HUMAN antibodyCell division kinase 4 antibodyCell division protein kinase 4 antibodyCMM 3 antibodyCMM3 antibodyCrk3 antibodyCyclin dependent kinase 4 antibodyCyclin-dependent kinase 4 antibodyMelanoma cutaneous malignant 3 antibodyMGC14458 antibodyp34 cdk4 antibodyPSK J3 antibodyPSK-J3 antibody
Anti-Cdk4 antibody [DCS-31] images
ab6315 staining human MDA-MB-436 breast cancer cells by Flow Cytometery. Cells were treated with Trypsin/EDTA for 5 minutes, sample buffer prepared as 5%FCS in PBS and gating was done on live non apoptotic cells. The primary antibody diluted 1/500 and incubated with sample for 1 hour at 4°C. A FITC conjugated horse polyclonal to mouse IgG, diluted 1/200 was used as secondary
References for Anti-Cdk4 antibody [DCS-31] (ab6315)
This product has been referenced in:
- Boutant M et al. COUP-TFII Controls Mouse Pancreatic ß-Cell Mass through GLP-1-ß-Catenin Signaling Pathways. PLoS One 7:e30847 (2012). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22292058) »
- Chong HZ et al. In vitro cytotoxicity of Strobilanthes crispus ethanol extract on hormone dependent human breast adenocarcinoma MCF-7 cell. BMC Complement Altern Med 12:35 (2012). Flow Cyt . Read more (PubMed: 22471785) »